Spanning three floors of the Comcast Technology Center, the dazzling new home of NBC 10 and Telemundo 62 is an 80,000-square-foot broadcast center and Philadelphia's news epicenter. It features cutting-edge newsroom IP technology and LEED energy-efficient design. NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. The Technology & Operations department (PHI TechOps) provides providing Technical Support, Engineering, Media Operations, Production, Studios and Facilities services for internal clients for the local portfolio of NBCU Owned Television Station businesses.
The Director of Technology is a full-time position leading the Technical Support teams focused on the implementation of technology solutions and providing client focused technical support. This position is a critical part of delivering world class support, innovative new technology, enabling operational change and driving smart business solutions. Reporting to the VP, Technology & Operations. The Director of Technology will be the client facing role, responsible the direct supervision of the technical team, overseeing complex technical project delivery, and support and sustainability for local technical systems. Candidate must have experience in managing and developing technical staff with a deep understanding of current and emerging technologies across media and entertainment including infrastructure, distribution, live production, post-production, newsgathering and newsroom systems.
• Development, implementation and accountability to standards, controls and processes that ensure a high degree of availability and reliability across all technical systems and operations
• Collaborate with our Regional Sports Network (RSN) Technology & Operations team and look for ways to work together, refine workflows and create synergies.
• Facilitate team success with strategic guidance and helping identify and mitigate roadblocks
• Manage day to day technical support operations, ensuring the Station's technical support standards are met focusing on load balancing, prioritization, SLAs and client satisfaction
• Support Enterprise teams with IT system troubleshooting and problem resolution
• Handle and address customer communication, escalation and incident response management
• Provide escalation support for deployed infrastructure as needed by liaising with vendors and other internal / external engineering SMEs for problem resolution
• Manage the implementation, commissioning, documentation and operational handoff of new technology
• Work with client Operations teams to promote a strong VOC (Voice of the Customer) to define requirements and deliver solutions that creatively solve business challenges or implement new processes across Production, Creative Services and other departments as needed
• Evaluate and manage technical solutions across all broadcast systems including both SDI and ST-2110 video infrastructures, physical / virtualized / cloud-based compute & storage, network, encode / decode platforms, live production systems, news gathering tools, NLE, media asset management systems, distribution and transmission systems
• Ensure the successful handoff and maintenance of all relevant documentation, system knowledge and support processes to the support & operational teams
• Test new technology through participation in POC initiatives and make recommendations for inclusion in strategic plan
• Make recommendations on needed resources, feasibility, budget and timing requirements
• Participate in the development and management of capital budgets and YoY operational budgets
• Promote and ensure the use of key documentation processes and the transfer of knowledge across teams
• Provide coaching, leadership and development of expertise across the technical teams
• Ongoing monitoring and reporting of team metrics
• Other duties as deemed necessary
• Candidate must have minimum of 10 years of technical leadership experience with proven record of developing and supporting high performing teams
• Bachelor's degree in Project Management, Media, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience with 8+ years' industry experience preferred
• Experience in the architecture and management of IT, broadcast infrastructure and production systems, including ST-2110 for live production environments
• Experience supporting a major market News operation or Sports network and live events
• Strong leader with the ability to motivate employees, develop talent, tackle organizational challenges and maintain a culture of accountability and high performance
• Collaborative self-starter that demonstrates initiative and the desire for continuous improvement.
• Highly customer focused with the ability to directly engage with stakeholders across all levels
• Ability to break down a complex problem and apply structure to make it manageable and achievable
• Passion for learning new technologies and applying them to business challenges
• Experience in business analysis / requirements definition and risk management
• Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to visualize and communicate both high level concepts and ideas, as well as tactical details for executives, business stakeholders and technology teams across all levels
• Experience executing large complex initiatives in a large matrixed environment with the ability to establish trust with stakeholders
• Experience in assessing project health, removing organizational roadblocks and making room for failure in order to ensure project success
• Flexibility and ability to pivot from one initiative to the next, while managing multiple concurrent projects from very small to very large
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjv1je-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.