You will have the opportunity to join the creative production operations team of NBC10 Boston, NBC Sports Boston, Telemundo Boston and NECN as our newest Director working in our state of the art facility the NBCU Boston Media Center.
• Technical preparation and execution of live and recorded television news & sports content and programming from multiple control rooms, studios and remote locations.
• Coding of live & recorded television news events
• Collaborate with editorial and technical personnel to produce high quality, compelling content
• Promote teamwork and a positive work environment
• Have competent understanding/skills related to shot composition, lighting and aesthetics
• Document technical procedures and processes
• Operate graphic and clip playback server operation via Overdrive
• Operate robotic camera controls via Overdrive
• Operate audio mixing console
• Set-up and maintain studio equipment and lighting
• Work with management and engineering staff to continually refine workflows, creating new efficiencies and capabilities
• Shape overall creative appearance of the broadcast using imaginative video, audio and graphics effects
• Gives direction and timing to talent and other personnel on broadcasts
• May act as a traditional Technical Director when applicable
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in television production or equivalent preferred.
• 3+ years of experience directing/technical directing in a fast paced and competitive environment.
• Must have the consistent ability to organize and manage shifting priorities under tight deadlines and in pressure situations. Multi-tasking and adapting quickly to change are necessary traits.
• Requires strong technical aptitude and experience with television control room and studio production technology including video switchers, audio mixers, character generators, robotic camera controls, production automation systems, newsroom editorial software and automated on-air playout systems.
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate solutions in person and in writing.
• Requires adaptability, enthusiasm, initiative, ability to handle criticism, even temperament and a positive approach to problem solving. Ideal candidates must exhibit leadership qualities in a collaborative environment. Must be dependable, a self-starter and operate consistently with a high degree of accuracy. Must also be able to work independently without direct supervision
Candidates must submit a resume/cv through www.nbcunicareers.com for consideration
Must be able and willing to work any 24x7 shift
Willingness to work long hours including weekends & holidays with short notice
Flexibility with schedule changes
Must be willing to work in Needham, MA
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Must have a valid driver's license
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Minimum 1 year of experience with Ross Overdrive (preferred) or comparable automated production control systems
• Knowledge of control room production within a 24-hour news or sports channel
• Familiarity with Ross Overdrive, Ross Xpression and/or Chyron graphics, Cambot camera robotics, Dalet, SSL audio console, lighting software and RTS intercom desirable
• Directing with automated systems controlling graphics, cameras, and audio
• Bi-lingual English/Spanish proficiency a plus
• Must exhibit strong leadership skills and lead with a positive example
• Must demonstrate ability to remain calm under pressure and think critically
• Self-motivated, highly creative, forward thinking individual
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzez2n-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.