Data Analyst, Ad Sales
New York, NY
Director, Marketing - OPCD, TODAY (News)
We are looking for creative problem solvers and innovative thinkers who are game to try new things, love being on set (and up early!) and speak the language of creatives and clients. From food, to style, parenting, a great girl's night out and content with a feel-good mission to inspire – the TODAY brand is ripe for creative partnerships.
The Director of Creative Development will be responsible for working across the TODAY brand across all platforms to develop and execute revenue generating marketing solutions for clients that entertain & inspire our audiences and fans. Reporting to the Vice President of Creative Development, this position will play an active role in supporting the creation, management, and oversight of marketing partnerships from ideation through final delivery.
This position is based in NYC.
Duties and Responsibilities
CREATIVE DEVELOPMENT & EXECUTION
• Lead team responsible for the development and positioning of new integrated marketing opportunities: identify high-interest 360 experiences, new on-air and site-specific content features, evergreen and tentpole solutions and emerging ad platforms that will serve as compelling thought starters for client conversations and proactive sales support
• Develop strategy and execute management of multi-platform partnership campaigns, inclusive of television, digital, events and work closely with the News Brand Studio on branded content programs.
• Handle RFP management from idea generation through deal close, working with One Platform Marketing, Sales, Client or Agency Partnership teams and show production teams.
• Drive strategic development of digital & social-first packages that support audience growth in building & diversifying audiences across the TODAY ecosystem
• Develop new and non-traditional revenue driving packaging strategies for TODAY
• Educate internal constituents on marketing solutions and drive top of mind awareness of TODAY offerings within sales organization
• Responsible for development of the team (1 direct report, 2 one over one)
INTERNAL PARTNER COMMUNICATION & FACILITATION
• Cultivate relationships with all appropriate internal groups (sales, marketing, research, editorial, branded content, etc.) to facilitate efficient and transparent communication
• Oversee daily communication with internal and external parties, including Sales, Production, Consumer Marketing, Programming, Finance, Legal, Business Affairs, production companies, clients, and their respective agencies
• Prioritize and track opportunities; manage opportunity timelines, workflow, and report team progress to Vice President on regular basis
• Manage analysis of property post completion, working with research, OPM and sales team to deliver accurate results and growth opportunities to future.
• At least 10 years' experience in creative roles in advertising sales marketing within the television industry, advertising agency, or digital company with ad supported revenue or highly related experience
• Demonstrated track record of success in translating advertiser objectives into high profile integrated marketing or branded content campaigns from creative problem-solving brainstorms through flawless execution
• Proven ability to collaborate with and influence senior executives, including excellent executive-level presentation skills, leadership and interpersonal skills
• Experience in digital solutions a must and experience with new digital platforms or products highly desired
• Media experience preferred
• Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent work experience
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, Monday.com and a working knowledge of SharePoint & Salesforce, and Adobe Photoshop
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Willingness to travel and work overtime
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Solutions-oriented thinker who can operate within a large organization and has a proven ability to get things done while managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated track record of leadership in dealing with conflict and problem solves in real time
• Innate understanding matrixed organizations with proven ability to identify key stakeholders needed in decision making, the ability to balance between different business unit needs – managing expectations and serving as liaison between internal and external partners
• Ability to balance production needs with Client expectations, acting as primary liaison between the two
• Passionate about the TODAY brand as well as the television/digital media space and creating best-in-class, innovative client solutions
• Strong ability to anticipate and accommodate needs, requests and issues on the client, sales and production sides
• Adjusts communication style to different people and situations
• Ability to create best-in-class, innovative client solutions with the consumer in mind
• Strong organizational, project management, analytical and research related skills
• Excellent writing and storytelling skills
• Experience running paid ad campaigns on social platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Snap, Tik Tok and Instagram
• Knowledge of media marketing, the sales process, and the creative development process
• Strong interpersonal skills - with the ability to work with interdepartmental teams and external clients
• Familiarity with the standard digital audience and social analytics tools (Omniture, @Plan, comScore, etc.) and ability to derive insights from the data is a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnpn45-34-231-147-28-42 in your application.