Associate Editor, Advertising & Program Standards
Universal City, CA
• Responsible for developing and delivering the research and analysis requirements of the Universal Worldwide Theatrical Marketing team, with a focus on international territories and expertise.
• Working closely within a team structure (including but not limited to VP and Director, Creative Strategy and Research) to oversee all necessary projects primarily relating to creative advertising testing and global brand health projects.
• Overseeing and delivering business development insights for the senior Universal theatrical leadership team.
• Delivering consumer and territory insights for each Universal theatrical release.
• Working closely across all worldwide marketing teams in Los Angeles (brand, media, digital, publicity, creative, etc.) and International territories to provide consumer insight and strategic enlightenment.
• Responsible for implementing all theatrical research projects related to creative ad testing and brand-related research.
• Responsible for assisting in reporting and overseeing management reports that include the following key areas:
• Consumer and audience insights
• Territory specific norms and historical comparison
• Film franchise insights and health
• Territory cinema going and entertainment consumption insights
• Word of mouth monitoring
• Interpretation and insight analysis of domestic and international research by film.
• Develop research projects that evolve the general strategic effectiveness of the worldwide marketing teams. Target the 'how and why' of what we do and provide insight for challenging and improving our effectiveness.
• Work to compile topline, high-level insights across a variety of sources to paint a broad picture of overall campaign health.
• Help to identify target audiences, including but not limited to comparable title and box office performance by territory.
• Provide audience and film analysis and insights to help inform the Strategy Guides for each Universal and partner title.
• Where appropriate oversee creative research projects providing an accurate brief and an insights report for the marketing team.
• Close liaison within the Worldwide Creative Strategy and Research team along with the International divisions to ensure campaign alignment, research sharing and mutual support.
• Close liaison with additional Research departments and Data Strategy team(s) to share and collate data and to develop joint consumer research projects and information repositories.
• Present research insights at relevant weekly International marketing strategy and management meetings as required.
• Active involvement in the appointment of research agencies.
• Working very closely with research Agencies to develop bespoke research options tailored to specific needs and budgets as well as to competitively bid projects.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Experience with consumer research and analysis and proven track record of using data to define the marketing strategy for a project.
• Proven ability to interpret, assess and translate data into insight.
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
• Experience working within a global structure or working directly with international territories is a plus.
• An understanding of entertainment brand development. Entertainment experience is a plus.
• Ability to work towards an agreed goal but with an inquisitive nature and an instinct to use the initial brief as a start point rather than the only deliverable.
• Strong presentation and communication skills, coupled with the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner tailored to the individual audience.
• Inclusive style – culturally sensitive and able to work across multiple territories and departments within NBCUniversal.
• Proactive with the ability to work independently.
• Track record in successful project management, ability to take on a project and own it from beginning to end.
• Detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Able to work under pressure and multi-task in a fast moving and changing environment.
• Ability to work across functions and successfully influence people across various levels and disciplines as well as across cultures.
• An individual with strong perseverance to push through until getting to a workable insight.