The NBCUniversal ad sales organization is looking for a Director of Insights & Research to lead the development of forward-thinking research solutions that generate demand for Olympics media across NBCU platforms. The Director will lead relationships with internal constituencies like sales and marketing, as well as external partners like clients and agencies. The ideal candidate will have experience using research and analytics to develop actionable insights and effective storytelling for brands. The ideal candidate will also possess the business acumen necessary to interpret and anticipate internal/external client needs, understand business implications and position insights effectively - with a focus on meeting sales goals. This person should have a passion for sports, marketing and media.
• Partner with the VP of Insights to define challenges and develop solutions that help drive media revenue for NBC Sports properties, with a primary focus on the Summer and Winter Olympics
• Utilize both syndicated and custom research tools to effectively convey the value proposition of partnering the Olympics across both sponsorship elements and media (including linear, digital and social)
• Develop ground-breaking insights that facilitate impactful sales narratives/presentations, as well as position NBCUniversal as a thought leader in the industry
• Demonstrate brands' return on investing in sponsorships and media through data, research and insights
• Manage, mentor and coach Managers/Analysts, with a focus on both day-to-day project oversight and long-term career growth
• Respond to requests for data and metrics from across the organization and proactively disseminate insights that help drive sales – before, during and after each Olympic Games
• Cultivate relationships with leading research vendors; explore and evaluate emerging research opportunities
• 7+ years of experience in research, measurement or insights within the media or sports industry
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; MBA preferred
• Exceptional analytical skills: ability to correctly interpret data and structure insights which create a compelling narrative that addresses the business challenge
• Experience in a client-facing role / presenting directly to external parties
• Expertise in analyzing TV and streaming video performance using traditional and nontraditional approaches
• Experience with quantitative and qualitative primary research methodologies, survey design and analysis
• Outstanding project management and time management skills: proven ability to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines and organizational objectives
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required
• Experience using in cross-platform audience measurement systems (e.g., Nielsen, Lake 5, comScore, iSpot.tv, etc.)
• Proficient in consumer research platforms (e.g. YouGov, Simmons, MRI, etc.)
• Solid analytical skills - a critical thinker who is hungry to uncover actionable insights
• Proactive self-starter with an innate curiosity, bias for action and desire to push beyond the status quo
• Effective multitasker - ability to manage numerous projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Proven ability to navigate a matrixed organization and cultivate strong working relationships across departments
• Strong communications skills; comfortable communicating both verbally and in writing to all levels within the organization, as well as with clients
• Track record of working independently to solve business challenges
• Client mindset
• Comfortable with ambiguity
• Rigorous attention to detail
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzjmjn-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.