Manager, Revenue Analytics
Universal City, CA
The Director, Global Payroll Technical Operations will serve as a liaison between Payroll departments, including Tax, Benefits, HROps and IT to provide systems support and perform detailed analysis of potential solutions implemented to meet the needs of payroll and stakeholders globally.
The Director, Global Payroll Technical Operations will oversee all activities and ensure alignment with NBCU's vision and objectives. This role will organize and assemble the appropriate resource, technology and processes necessary to address the current and future analytics needs of the business. The director understands that information and data are key business asset and operationalizes the application of data and information in order to deliver optimal performance.
This role will act as a subject matter expert in the designing and recommending of appropriate analytical approaches and methodology in addressing key issues within the business.
This role is responsible in initiating, preparing and submitting a change request. This person may support collection of the necessary business information and engaging with the concerned stakeholders before the change request is assigned to a tester. Additionally, this role will also work with the change management team to support impact assessment by collecting data and communicating to stakeholders. This individual will be the owner of the CR throughout the request lifecycle. As a change owner, he/she ensures that the necessary tests have been performed so that the change request is followed up by appropriate urgency. The change owner would also document the process across the request life cycle.
The Director, Global Payroll Technical Operations will play a key role in ensuring projects meet objectives on time as well as focusing on the people side of change, including changes to business processes, systems and technology and organization structures.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
• 10+ years supporting Payroll systems
• Global payroll support experience
• Functional and Technical background in HR, Payroll and Benefit Administration.
• Subject matter expert in Pension Health &Welfare reporting, union/guild rate changes, etc.
• Experience working with 3rd party vendors on integration projects (Fidelity, Wage Works, Rideshare, ADP Tax Reporting, etc.)
• Experience in Benefits Administration System (401k, Health, FSA, HSA, closed loop processes, CA Sick Leave, COVID19 Supplemental Sick Leave)
• Advanced data analytics and SQL skills
• Highly organized & detailed
• Excellent communication, problem-solving, multi-tasking, and analytical skills
• Independent, self-driven, self-starter, Techno-Functional
• Exceptional communication skills, including communicating effectively with technical and non-technical team members
• Effective collaboration skills - collaborate with stakeholders to have a full understanding of project scopes, schedules, constraints, challenges and risks
• Hands on experience with business process design and systems implementation
• Experience with report automation to provide accurate data in a timely manner
• Work closely with business users to identify improvement opportunities, assess risks, recommend and implement solutions
• Maintain and monitor change request logs, effectively assign priorities and resources to tasks to ensure timely response and resolutions
• Implement Union mandated pay rule changes following a contract negotiation
• Document functional requirements, create test cases for User Acceptance Testing (UAT), conduct detailed review of UAT results
• Collaborate with business owners and IT staff to identify business problems/needs and develop and propose solutions
• Conduct fit/gap analysis to assess the level of effort and customizations required for various business needs
• Provide extensive functional and technical assistance in stabilizing application following either a new implementation or major application upgrade