NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group and world renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal is wholly owned by Comcast Corporation.
The Global Finance Operations Record to Report Director is responsible for delivering the Record to Report functions, including general ledger accounting, monthly close, asset accounting, account reconciliations, and various other processes performed by both onshore and offshore teams. Ensuring BPO performance complies with SLAs, providing excellent customer service to business units (acting as the first point of contact), and driving effectiveness through a shared service. The Record to Report Director will manage monthly accounting activities to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and corporate, play a key role in implementing process improvements, integrating new systems and businesses, and global transformation initiatives.
• Closely manage the day-to-day accounting operations performed by both on & offshore teams; provide analytics to key business stakeholders for decision making; execute month-end accounting close, review quarterly corporate submissions and reporting; provide support on both statutory and US financial audits and requests from participations and internal operational audits.
• Ensure timeliness and accuracy of the monthly close activities, including account reconciliations performed by the off-shore teams; perform review and ad hoc analysis; identify areas to improve, streamline, and transform based on KPI.
• Provide excellent customer service to business stakeholders, including addressing and resolving queries escalated by both on & offshore teams promptly.
• Serves as a business partner by maintaining in-depth industry knowledge and accounting policies & principles.
• Review monthly metrics with BPO and business stakeholders to improve processes and resolve issues.
• Work alongside R2R Global Process Owner and R2R peers across other locations to drive forward transformation initiatives.
• Manage the transition of new processes from business units into Global Finance Operations via robust governance and documented standard operating procedures.
• Develops operational plans, monitors progress and outcomes against plans, and adjusts priorities and resources accordingly
• Collaborate within and across the organization on key company-wide initiatives and support the Finance transformation roadmap (people, process, technology)
• Research US GAAP related to significant matters and provide accounting guidance to ensure compliance with US GAAP.
• Manage all applicable SOX documentation compliance and provide audit support to both internal and external auditors
• Identifying areas of control risk. Ensure that adequate and effective system of internal controls is maintained for reporting and analysis
• Successfully identifies strategic opportunities
• Recommends optimization for the department
• Promote One Team culture across Global R2R (both with on/off-shore team members) and across other GFO Towers (P2P, O2C)
• Other duties and special projects as needed
• 8 + years' experience in public or private accounting with experience directly related to key responsibilities preferred
• 2 - 3 years' prior management experience required
• Solid work experience in general ledger accounting, month end close functions including account reconciliations, trial balance reviews, analysis, KPI & metrics, intercompany settlements
• Prior experience in an outsourced or global shared services environment
• Experience in implementing global processes and systems
• Experience in driving process improvement within a Finance organization
• Successful track record of development/delivery of complex solutions
• Experience with SAP ECC FI or other large ERP systems and subsystems
• Proficiency in a variety of systems including MS office suite of tools (Word, PowerPoint, Power BI and high-level Excel spreadsheet such as familiarity of macros, pivot tables, lookup, IF functions)
• Exhibits a high level of resourcefulness and project management skills
• International experience required (understanding of currencies, FX, intercompany settlement)
• Entertainment industry preferred
Education or Certification:
• Bachelor's or advanced degree in Accounting
• CPA or MBA required
• Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully in a multi-cultural environment with persons at all levels of the organization across all communications channels
• Demonstrated customer service orientation and proficiency in working with multiple Finance and Accounting customer groups across a very large global organization
• Able to quickly build rapport and establish credibility with stakeholders
• Must have excellent time management skills to perform in a fast-paced, high pressure, high volume environment; work well under tight deadlines
• Autonomously and resourcefully, delivers high quality, high-impact work, end-to-end
• Must be collaborative, team player, flexible and able to quickly adjust to changing priorities; demonstrates a high level of influence and teamwork skills
• Supports an environment of intellectual curiosity and a culture of innovation
• Must have broad knowledge of US GAAP, with strong technical accounting, process and controls background
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to details a must.
• Experience in delivering system/process improvements and implementing projects within a finance organization
• Flexibility to work overtime to support Global R2R agenda; travel as needed
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6ww4n-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.