We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
The Sr. Director of Development Finance will play an integral role on the Universal Studio Group (USG) Finance team and will lead all aspects of television development. The individual will partner with the Studio Creative Teams, Business Affairs and Studio Finance with exposure to finance & studio leadership. This role manages all financial aspects of studio development including talent deals, projects, scripts and a variety of other high profile initiatives. This role will oversee a Manager of Development and 2 payroll coordinators and will report to the VP of FP&A for USG.
• Own all financial aspects of the different types of development projects, primarily focusing on talent deals, scripts, projects, recoupments across both scripted and unscripted television.
• Serve as a critical liaison between business affairs, studio creative development teams, finance and executive leadership
• Maintain and model development term deal forecasts to determine appropriate accounting with partnership with production finance executives, ensuring controllership and compliance with GAAP.
• Create, analyze, and present recommendations on various development initiatives including on Return on Investment (ROI), output & cost efficiency, among others.
• Manage all aspects of the financial close and forecast cycles including month & quarter end close, estimates and annual budgets working closely with controllership & FP&A to ensure timely and accurate submissions with clear & concise variances and risks & opportunities.
• Serve as Project manager for key NBCUniversal & USG initiatives, including process simplification, systems upgrades & implementation
• Develop and Coach Manager & Payroll team to drive increased productivity for the development finance team.
• BS/BA degree with accounting/finance focus preferred
• Minimum 8+ years public and/or private accounting, or FP&A experience preferred with prior management experience
• Strong written & verbal communication and presentation skills
• Accounting / GAAP knowledge
• Experience managing television development is preferred
• Team Player with ability to function in a cross functional environment and willingness to jump into projects to meet department goals
• Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and problem solve
• Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects and work independently
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of finance, operations, and senior management
• Continuous improvement attitude, ability to seek out and implement best practices
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytical and PC skills
• Strong organization and time management skills; ability to deliver on multiple project assignments, meet tight deadlines and be effective under pressure
• Entertainment / Media / TV Production experience preferred
• Financial systems knowledge is preferred (AIM, SAP, Sharepoint, Salesforce)
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Willingness to work extended hours with short notice during critical planning cycles
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $150,000 - $185,000 (bonus eligible).
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0q7o8-3-233-221-90-42 in your application.