The Advanced Advertising Strategy & Partnerships team is responsible for developing a holistic business strategy for the NBCUniversal portfolio of data businesses, both linear and digital. That includes identifying profitable revenue opportunities, developing the structure, capabilities, go-to-market & commercialization strategies and execution plans necessary to capture the growth opportunities. We partner closely with the sales teams, agency & client partnership teams, and various internal functions (Planning, Product, Finance, Insights & Measurement, etc.) to manage the advanced advertising business across all screens (linear and digital). Additionally, this is the team that manages relevant partnerships such as OpenAP. This group charts the relevant sales strategies for the teams, and then ensures NBCU can deliver on those promises for our clients.
The Director, Data Partnerships, will manage the commercial relationships with key data partners and vendors supporting NBCU's growing Advanced Advertising businesses inclusive of our AdSmart products and Audience Insights Hub – NBCU's proprietary data clean room. The scope of partners and vendors will range from industry partners such as OpenAP, to brand & agency data technologies, to 3rd party mutli-platform planning & measurement solutions.
• Build and manage commercial relationships with key data partners & vendors supporting NBCU's Advanced Advertising initiatives inclusive of Data-Driven Linear, Programmatic TV, cross-platform planning & measurement solutions, and the NBCU Audience Insights Hub
• Work with the Product organization to Identify, evaluate, and manage opportunities with new Data Partnerships within Ad Tech
• Support Business Development team on deal terms
• Manage onboarding and commercialization process of new data partnerships and integrations
• Create and grow strategic partnerships that drive revenue & yield
• Maintain partnerships by actively monitoring KPIs and holding regular meetings to review partnership success
• Become an expert on data relationships, from both an integration and activation point of view, working across wider Data and Technology organization
• Provide marketplace expertise on advanced advertising ecosystem, including in-house agency technologies
• Represent NBCU with consortiums and industry partners to further the adoption of advanced advertising businesses
• Work closely with internal cross-functional teams including product, operations, legal, business development, and senior management to execute successfully on the needs of our data partner relationships
• BA/BS degree required; MBA preferred
• 6+ years of professional experience in media, TV & digital advertising, technology or financial services
• Expert in data & ad tech landscape; DMPs, clean rooms, DSP/SSPs
• Familiarity with advertising measurement and attribution solutions; Nielsen, ComScore, etc.
• Strong relationship manager with excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills - collaborative and positive spirit is key!
• Experience in a business strategy role at an ad technology vendor, media company, agency, sales organization or in related field
• Experience developing advanced advertising and/or multiplatform (digital, linear, etc.) sales strategies
• Proven ability to work across functions, defining goals, and driving action and execution on goals; Strong ability to lead direct and indirect teams.
• Uniquely combine quantitative skills needed to analyze the business with interpersonal skills needed to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Willingness to work overtime
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2peb-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.