Associate Emerging Platforms Editor-Regional Sports
Universal City, CA
NBCUniversal Skycastle delivers strategic cross-platform concepts and meaningful branded content creative that generate results for advertising partners of the networks of NBCUniversal Local, including NBC Owned Television Stations, Telemundo Station Group and NBC Sports Regional Networks. We partner with brands and their agencies to create award-winning marketing campaigns that engage both general market, Hispanic and multicultural audiences. Alongside our local and national sales teams, we offer comprehensive creative services, featuring campaign ideation, cutting edge video production for all platforms, branded content, integrations, talent tie-ins, contests, events and more.
NBCU Skycastle is seeking a Director, Branded Content and Sports Marketing to handle a wide range of duties in support of the NBCUniversal Local Sales Group. This professional will be based in New York City or Los Angeles and will report to the Sr. Director, Sports and Olympics Marketing. The ideal candidate will demonstrate competence in branded content, multicultural sports marketing, and a variety of skills as outlined below:
• Lead branded content and manage sports marketing efforts as part of NBCU Skycastle
• Assist NBCU Skycastle in developing branded content at the intersection of sports and culture for major sports properties, including but not limited to Olympics, NFL, MLB, NBA and FIFA
• Working from client RFPs, brand briefs and brainstorming with Sales and Marketing teams, create custom, cross-platform content solutions for advertisers across NBC Owned Television Stations, NBC Sports Regional Networks, and Telemundo Station Group
• Support Sports Partnerships and Development Sales (SPD) and Skycastle Marketing colleagues in multicultural branded content ideation for client proposals and deal renewals
• Develop and maintain customized sports marketing collateral for SPD's purposed based initiatives and new sales opportunities
• Coordinate with integrated sales marketing counterparts on sports driven initiatives at the local market level
• Lead the sales marketing efforts of NBCU Local's The Olympic Zone by working with editorial and sales on segment concepts and fulfilling activations during the Olympic window
• Serve as main point of contact for Skycastle branded content campaign-related issues, introducing phases of project execution, next steps and timelines
• Proactively identify and minimize potential problems throughout campaign and provide solutions
• Partner with cross-functional teams on concept development and campaign execution
• A bachelor's degree is required, preferably in sports management, business, advertising, marketing or related field
• Minimum 5 years with an agency, client or media company with brand content and/or ad sponsorship experience
• Strong comprehension of branded content and sponsored content creation and how they are weighted in content attribution models
• Think creatively, communicate ideas effectively in writing and create PowerPoint presentations which display those ideas with relevant imagery and an eye for design/layout
• Work collaboratively, manage competing deadlines, and take stress, the expectation of fast project turnarounds and constructive criticism in stride
• Manage and prioritize several projects across multiple points of contact with strong organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail
• Possess fluency in the role of multicultural consumer content trends and multi-platform applications (digital, mobile, OTT/CTV, social media, video, audio, gaming and experiential) in marketing campaigns, with a passion for professional engagement with these platforms
• High degree of proficiency with full Office 365 Suite (e.g. Teams, Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, SharePoint, etc.)
• Must agree to hybrid weekly work schedule
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
Additional Job Requirements
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Direct client and agency contacts/relationships a plus
• Strong writing, presentation creation and oral communication skills - ability to create engaging, visually, and thoughtfully designed materials, plans, and decks
• Proficiency with graphics program such as Adobe Photoshop helpful but not required
• Experience in analyzing research and data from sources like Scarborough and Simmons, and synthesizing into an impactful presentation
• Passion and knowledge of sports in general
• Demonstrated ability to write copy for brands that is well-researched and meets client/company needs a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwbxx2-3-238-136-36-42 in your application.