Manager, Advertising & Program Standards
New York, NY
NBCU is looking for a dynamic and seasoned Strategist to join its Cable Brand Strategy & Consumer Engagement team (Bravo, E!, USA, SYFY, Oxygen and Universal Kids). Reporting to the Senior Director, Brand Strategy & Planning, this person will have a deep understanding of the planning discipline, with an emphasis on consumer research, data analytics, audience development, insights and multiplatform marketing & messaging strategies.
They will support the Brand Strategy team in the development of communications strategies that foster ideas, inspire creative thinking and lead to audience awareness, tune-in and fandom. The Brand Strategy team works cross-functionally across NBCU's cable portfolio and plays a critical role in establishing the foundation of all marketing campaigns across six networks, while also assisting with other high-visibility brand priorities.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic leader with strong business acumen and executive presence. They will understand the changing media landscape, shifts in consumption patterns, and how to translate quantitative and qualitative data into insightful POVs, compelling brand stories and unique selling propositions. In addition, they will be passionate and knowledgeable about the entertainment landscape, be comfortable with analyzing consumer research, will be extremely detail-oriented and have great data visualization skills.
• NBCU is looking for a dynamic Planner/Strategist to join its Cable Entertainment Networks (Bravo, E!, USA, SYFY, Oxygen and Universal Kids) Brand Strategy & Consumer Engagement team.
• Reporting to the Sr. Director, Brand Strategy & Planning, this person will have a deep understanding of the planning discipline, with an emphasis on consumer research, analytics, insights and multiplatform marketing communications & messaging strategies.
• The ideal candidate will be a strategic leader with strong business acumen. He/she will understand the changing media landscape, shifts in consumption patterns, and how to translate quantitative and qualitative data into compelling brand stories and unique selling propositions.
• The candidate will work closely with the Brand Marketing, Digital, Research, On-Air, Creative Development, Media, External Agencies and Development groups to develop and articulate compelling Marketing strategies that foster ideas, inspire creative thinking and lead to audience awareness, tune-in and fandom.
• Leverage data, insights and analysis to define and articulate the unique selling proposition, cultural context and marketing platform for designated scripted/non-scripted original programming.
• Lead the team in understanding the media, entertainment, cultural and competitive landscape, including macro & emerging trends, best practices and new technologies impacting our industry.
• Develop/maintain relationships with internal teams and third party sources to assist in the development of marcomm strategies.
• 7-10 years of brand marketing and/or strategic planning experience working on leading-edge consumer and/or entertainment brands.
• Extensive consumer marketing and advertising expertise, including messaging strategies and media planning across digital, social and traditional platforms.
• Big picture strategic thinker who has the ability to analyze/interpret data and translate research into high-resolution insights and actionable recommendations.
• A working knowledge of basic quantitative/qualitative research methodologies. An ability to access industry standard tools (MRI, Simmons, Nielsen, etc.) to build target audience profiles.
• Ability to mine secondary trends data sources (Iconoculture, YPulse, Stylus, Cassandra, etc.) to derive consumer intelligence and fact-based recommendations.
• Proven track record in inspiring cross-functional teams to come up with creative ideas while fostering a shared sense of ownership and success.
• Flawless visual storytelling skills that leverage the latest tools (PowerPoint, Google Slides, Keynote, etc.) to powerfully bring ideas and insights to life.
• Excellent business writing, executive-level presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written
• Must be creative and analytical at the same time.
• Ability to sell ideas up, down and across an organization.
• A collaborator, able to bring together cross-functional groups for a single purpose.
• Fantastic project manager who stays organized and executes numerous projects simultaneously.
• A culture vulture with boundless passion for consumer trends, behavioral economics, demographics, psychographics, television, music, movies, art, technology, new media, the current zeitgeist and all things pop culture.