NBCUniversal is looking for a detail-oriented, highly-organized, and highly-efficient individual to work within the Entertainment Networks Television & Streaming Legal Affairs team. Members of the team serve as hands-on show lawyers and other production support for programming produced by NBCU and outside producers. The individual in this position will work within the diligence function and help oversee the vetting of prospective participants in unscripted (''reality'') shows and of certain crew member roles.
Please note: This role is a temporary staff position with an end date.
• Review participant applications; track and review background checks, medical checks, and psychological checks; and assess and report any potential legal, eligibility, and public relations issues
• Provide timely and thoughtful advice on potential risks and issues
• Partner with NBCU business executives to discuss and implement best practices regarding diligence in unscripted programming, in consideration of risk and alignment with company values
• Create and update forms
• Address and respond to other matters at the direction of manager and the NBCU attorneys for the various shows
• Minimum three years of experience in a professional role requiring strong analytic and organizational skills and careful attention to detail
• Bachelor's Degree
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
• Outstanding analytic and organizational skills
• Sound business judgment, and flexibility/adaptability to manage multiple wide-ranging matters, conflicting deadlines, and new areas of expertise as business needs change
• Demonstrated ability, in a positive and practical manner, to identify, prioritize and resolve issues quickly and effectively
• Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
• Proven problem solving skills
• Strong technical proficiency with Westlaw/Lexis Nexis, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet
• Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
• Good judgment and ability to work independently with all levels of company personnel and outside counsel and vendors
• Good-natured, team player
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbn8vk-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.