Data Services Engineer
The OLTP Database Engineer will develop and maintain the data systems that power our next generation cloud and mobile enterprise products. These products traverse both B2B and B2C and help power the processing of tens of millions of online golf rounds per year. This is a high visibility and mission critical role, with the potential to impact the organization's ability to efficiently manage, transform and understand large volumes of online data. You'll be collaborating across multiple teams to deliver strategic projects and ensure operational excellence in data.
• Develop, implement and maintain high-performance database systems using Microsoft SQL Server and other open source technologies such as MongoDB, MySQL and PostgreSQL.
• Ensure systems meet a high standard for quality of service by proactively monitoring and tuning systems
• Planning for future capacity and resource utilization.
• Ensure systems meet a high level of availability as measured by organization SLAs including preparedness for business continuity and disaster recovery scenarios.
• Develop SQL scripts and objects to support application functionality and performance.
• Function as a subject matter expert to other application and database developer groups providing guidance for query optimization, data modeling and data platform architecture.
• Ensure systems meet required standards for PCI and other organization compliance and security guidelines.
• 3+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server
o Always-On, Log Shipping, Transactional Replication, backup and recovery strategy
o Execution Plans, query hints, index tuning, Profiler, Extended Events
o DDL and DML T-SQL development
• Experience with Windows PowerShell
• Experience with administration of high-availability transactional database environments
• Experience with writing SQL scripts and queries to troubleshoot and resolve performance issues
• Experience with monitoring tools in a production environment
o Idera, Redgate, Application Dynamics, Solarwinds, etc.
(note job #: 57312BR )
• Must be willing to work in Orlando, FL
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
• Must be ''on call'' 24 hours a day / 7 days a week (if applicable)
• The ability to communicate with other technical and non-technical users
• The ability to work in a collaborative team environment
• The ability to participate in an on-call rotation for production support
• The drive to work in a fast-paced environment