• Excellent copy writing skills
• Must be able to conceive, write, produce and edit original, news promos while also managing deadlines.
• A minimum of 5 years' experience as on-air news promotions writer / producer or multi-platform producer.
• Creative thinker with a strong attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills in English is a must
• Excellent sense of pace and timing
• Possess the ability to interpret and effectively communicate ideas
• Ability to work calmly and effectively in extremely stressful time critical situations
• Must be a self-starter, highly organized with the ability to multi-task
• Strong record of creating compelling on-air and digital promos
• Portfolio Reel must be provided
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Marketing, Advertising or Visual Arts or equivalent or work experience in same field.
• Fresh ideas on how video and sound can be deployed in different ways to support the brand across multiple platforms.
• Adapts to change rapidly, handles multiple assignments well, functions well under pressure, and reprioritizes quickly without compromising quality.
• Proficiency in creative software tools Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe® After Effects, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Audition.
• Able to work a flexible schedule and shifts including evenings, overnights, weekends, holidays, breaking news and weather events.
• Ability to understand big picture trends.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program