Los Angeles, CA
The Creative Director, One Platform Creative, will lead creative for the Entertainment Lifestyle Group Networks as it pertains to co-branded content for on air, digital and social. They will lead and manage the work of the Writer/Producer/Editors, including script development and editing, as well as graphic design and audio. They will also provide creative direction to Graphic Designers. The Creative Director will lead concept development for various shoots, work with outside vendors, and liaise with departments including marketing, sales, network creative teams, and outside clients and agencies. Reporting to VP, One Platform Creative, this person should be an innovative, inspirational, and an organized leader.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Serves as a creative lead for co-branded content pertaining to the Entertainment Lifestyle Group. This includes: Bravo, E!, USA, SYFY, SYFY WIRE, Oxygen and Uni Kids.
• Collaborates with One Platform Development team to brainstorm concepts, develop and execute co-branded content for on air, digital and social. Also, works closely with talent, production, and project management teams to produce creative.
• Acts as lead communicator when it comes to presenting and pitching creative concepts, scripts, storyboards for shoots to clients and agencies.
• Needs to be a conceptual thinker and a creative motivator, while also being proactive and detail-oriented .
• Manages and assigns projects to the Writer/Producers/Editors, Graphic Designers, Associate Producers, and outside vendors and oversees timely delivery of all projects.
• Creative directs shoots and manages outside production companies.
• Directs shoots on occasion. Some examples include movie studio shoots, social spots with network talent, etc.
• Reports directly to the VP, One Platform Creative
• Lead Writers/Producers/Editors and Graphic Designers on solving creative issues. Encourage them to be innovative and utilize outside creative tools for inspiration.
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum 6 years of experience in the On Air Promotion or co-branded content field at a broadcast network or entertainment cable network.
• Minimum 4 years of experience shooting / conceiving / overseeing live shoots.
• Ability to develop strong relationships and collaborate with Marketing and Ad Sales teams.
• Experience and deep knowledge of producing digital and social content along with best practices.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with both internal teams and external clients
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to adapt to changing deadlines and schedules.
• Creative & strategic problem solver.
• Ability to communicate clearly to a team as well as assess and improve the work of each Writer/ Producer / Editor and Graphic Designer in this regard.
• Excellent grasp and understanding of network branding and voice, tone, manner and style
• Management experience preferred: TV network or related video / production business.
• Willingness to work overtime with short notice.
• Willingness to travel for business when necessary.
• Must be willing to work in Los Angeles, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Excellent writing skills including presentation development
• Knowledge of media, the sales process and media in general
• Thorough knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and presentation proficiencies
• Intrinsic understanding of each department's function at a cable network