Join our NBCUniversal EPIC Legal Team! EPIC symbolizes key foundational principles as we strive to be extraordinary partners to our businesses in an evolving environment. Here at NBCU Legal, we are Expert Partners who provide Inspiring and Creative solutions to our clients. We are subject-matter experts who collaborate with our legal colleagues and clients to guide, solve and push for our collective success. We inspire by bringing optimism and positivity to our work, and apply strategic and innovative thinking to support our businesses.
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
• Advise management, Human Resources and other NBCUniversal lawyers with respect to all employment law issues, including: business restructures, employment policy development and application, worker classification, reasonable accommodations, workforce management, discrimination and harassment claims, wage-and-hour and workplace safety
• Oversee, conduct and provide counsel on investigations of employment-related and other types of complaints, ensuring that claims are addressed promptly, thoroughly and appropriately to assess legal and business risk
• Conduct legal research and analysis of complex legal issues with capacity to present to stakeholders regarding the same
• Monitor federal, state and local legal developments and advise on compliance
• Partner with Labor Relations on various matters involving represented employees
• Represent NBCUniversal, including working with other NBCUniversal lawyers and outside counsel as appropriate, in mediations and litigation of employment claims
• Advise on the employment-related aspects of acquisitions, dissolution and dispositions of businesses
• Draft settlement and separation agreements, mediation briefs, and EEOC and/or local agency position statements and responses
• Create and deliver management and employee training programs
• Law degree
• Member in good standing of the State Bar of NY, or member in good standing of another State Bar and registered as in-house counsel
• Minimum of 5 years employment law experience for Counsel position, or 7 years employment law experience for Senior Counsel position
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Collaborative, team-oriented approach
• Ability to identify, prioritize and resolve legal issues quickly and effectively
• Ability to approach complex legal scenarios in a thoughtful and analytical fashion
• Ability to explain complex legal concepts, build consensus, think creatively and collaborate with clients to address business needs
• Ability to build relationships across a large organization
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY or Universal City, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week
• This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $140,000-$170,000 for Counsel / $165,000-$200,000 for Sr. Counsel (both bonus eligible).
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw2eqj-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.