The Counsel, Legal Affairs will be part of a team responsible for negotiating and drafting acquisition, development and production agreements, which includes agreements for talent, on behalf of Universal Pictures.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Draft, review, analyze and interpret a variety of contracts in an accurate and timely manner and provide timely and thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues.
• Responsible for all legal matters during production, including but not limited to evaluating rights/chain of title issues, clearance matters, guild issues, advertising, promotion and publicity issues.
• Advise and interface with a broad range of departments to implement production legal policies and procedures, including creative, business, production, finance, labor and employment, marketing, promotions, insurance and tax.
• Advise on questions that arise under applicable union and guild collective bargaining agreements.
• Minimum 3 years of practicing attorney experience.
• JD degree from an accredited law school.
• Member of the California State Bar or Registered with the California Bar as in-house counsel.
• A strong background in copyright law (both US and foreign) and intellectual property matters is required.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• In select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated, must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or adhere to enhanced protocols.
• Outstanding negotiation, drafting and analytical skills.
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills which will enable him/her to interact with a range of personalities and styles and be able to establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Have a problem-solving approach.
• Be self-motivated and have a very strong work ethic.
• Excellent communication skills, computer literacy and the ability to work independently and as part of a team are all essential in this fast-paced environment.
• Superior organizational skills and ability to handle and track a high-volume workload.
This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $140,000 - $170,000 (bonus eligible).
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxxkw1-44-200-168-16-42 in your application.