Director, International Licensing and Corporate Counsel
New York, NY
The Counsel, Legal Affairs, will handle a wide range of legal matters for the Entertainment Networks Group, related to the production, co-production, licensing, and exploitation of unscripted and alternative entertainment programming.
• Draft, negotiate, and interpret a variety of agreements including production services, talent, license, digital rights and technology, and other similar agreements.
• Provide timely and thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues, and propose practical, responsive solutions.
• Liaise with internal business and creative clients and legal department contacts as well as outside counter-parties (e.g., talent attorneys and agents, production company counsel).
• Create, update, analyze, and manage forms and legal documents.
• Collaborate with members of Entertainment Networks Legal Affairs team on projects with significant business impact.
• Perform other tasks as requested by Vice President, Legal Affairs and other attorneys in the Entertainment Networks Legal Affairs group.
• Law degree
• JD and member of a state bar in good standing
• Entertainment, media/technology, intellectual property, or other relevant subject matter expertise. Minimum of 5 years of experience
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY or Los Angeles, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Willingness to work occasional nights and weekends as needed
• Superior legal skills, including excellent drafting, negotiating, analytical, and strategic thinking ability
• Flexible, creative thinker with ability to quickly develop new areas of expertise as business needs evolve
• Sound business judgment and calmness under pressure while managing high volume of wide-ranging matters
• Ability to work independently and interact with legal and business personnel of all levels
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Demonstrated capacity to proactively identify, prioritize, and resolve legal issues quickly and effectively
• Collaborative, team-oriented attitude