The person in this role will handle a diverse range of legal matters related to the production, co-production, licensing, and exploitation of unscripted and alternative entertainment programming for the NBCUniversal Entertainment Networks and Platforms (NBC, Peacock, Bravo, USA, Syfy, E!, Oxygen and UniKids). This role will report to the VP of Legal Affairs.
• Responsible for all legal matters during development, production and delivery of third-party produced original content, including evaluating rights, managing risk across a broad range of production-related topics and performing all other show lawyer duties
• Draft, negotiate, review, analyze and interpret a variety of agreements including production services, license agreements, co-productions, talent, producer, indemnity and quitclaim agreements, and other similar agreements in an accurate and timely manner
• Provide timely and thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues to internal business, production and creative partners, and propose practical, responsive solutions
• Liaise with internal business and creative clients and legal department contacts as well as outside counterparties (e.g., talent attorneys and agents, production company counsel).
• Create, update, analyze, and manage forms and legal documents
• Collaborate with members of Entertainment Networks Legal Affairs team on projects with significant business impact
• Perform other tasks as requested by Vice President, Legal Affairs and other attorneys in the Entertainment Networks Legal Affairs group
• Law degree
• JD and member of a state bar in good standing
• Entertainment, media/technology, intellectual property, or other relevant subject matter expertise
• Minimum of 5 years of experience
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY or Los Angeles, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Willingness to work occasional nights and weekends as needed
• Superior legal skills, including excellent drafting, negotiating, analytical, and strategic thinking ability
• Flexible, creative thinker with ability to quickly develop new areas of expertise as business needs evolve
• Sound business judgment and calmness under pressure while managing high volume of wide-ranging matters
• Ability to work independently and interact with legal and business personnel of all levels
• Outstanding analytic, communication (oral and written), organizational, and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated capacity to proactively identify, prioritize, and resolve legal issues quickly and effectively
• Collaborative, team-oriented attitude
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2951m-54-165-57-161-42 in your application.