This position is on the Business & Legal Affairs team responsible for providing business and legal support for the Universal Brand Development Division. Brand Development handles the licensing of NBCU film and television properties for merchandising, publishing, video games, digital and interactive uses, and commercial tie-ins/promotions. This role primarily focuses on rights research and analysis as well as supporting different groups within Brand Development with drafting legal agreements.
• Provide advice, analysis and research on underlying rights, trademark, clearance and other intellectual property issues related to Brand Development exploitation (i.e., merchandise, publishing, games & digital, live events etc.).
• Preparation, analysis and review of rights summaries and memoranda.
• Assist with the negotiation of rights agreements.
• Draft and negotiate a high volume of intellectual property license and service agreements associated with the licensing, distribution, promotion, and marketing of intellectual property content for consumer products, retail promotions, live events, and other franchise activities.
• Serve as a liaison to external licensees and internal partners in other business units; manage inquiries and provide consultation to internal stakeholders.
• Review product content.
• Perform limited legal administration matters, including infringement enforcement and drafting short form letters and agreements.
• Performance of other duties and/or special projects as needed.
• JD and active member of the California Bar.
• 3+ years of experience at a law firm or comparable studio or corporate experience.
• Superior communication, drafting and negotiation skills.
• Precise attention to detail.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Experience with intellectual property matters and corporate transactions strongly desired
• Experience with chain of title, motion picture and television rights agreements preferred
• Familiarity and experience with television and film production, SAG, WGA, and DGA agreements
• Demonstrated success within a large, diverse corporate environment
• Self-starter with the ability to handle multiple, high priority tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills which will enable him/her to interact with a wide range of personalities/styles and build productive relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Superior organizational skills and ability to handle and track a high-volume workload.
• Strong problem-solving and positive client service skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1ynke-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.