Join our NBCUniversal EPIC Legal Team! EPIC symbolizes key foundational principles as we strive to be extraordinary partners to our businesses in an evolving environment. Here at NBCU Legal, we are Expert Partners who provide Inspiring and Creative solutions to our clients. We are subject-matter experts who collaborate with our legal colleagues and clients to guide, solve and push for our collective success. We inspire by bringing optimism and positivity to our work, and apply strategic and innovative thinking to support our businesses.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
The Counsel, Data, Strategy & Business Operations role (Advertising & Marketing Legal) will play a critical part in helping teams to build and launch products and partnerships. You will enjoy navigating complex and novel legal issues to achieve the business objectives of our internal clients. The role requires a self-starter who can think creatively and thrive in an evolving environment at the forefront of advertising strategy, technology, and innovation.
• Provide legal support to the data, strategy, partnerships, measurement, and operations teams relating to the development of new technologies, products, and advertising partnerships
• Structure, draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements, including partnerships and vendor contracts with research and measurement companies, data licensors, and other ad tech vendors
• Counsel business teams on cutting-edge issues and risks associated with data collection, use, and targeting
• Advise on emerging federal and state legislation impacting NBCUniversal's data and business strategy
• Work collaboratively with business executives and lawyers, both within and outside of the business unit, and propose practical, responsive solutions
• Lead team in various process improvements and developing contract forms
• Coordinate with the Privacy and Information Security teams to ensure personal data and confidential information is collected, used, and secured in accordance with privacy laws and company requirements
• Advise business teams regarding contractual rights and duties, matters of contract interpretation, and pre-litigation dispute resolution
• Maintain an awareness and understanding of the latest developments in the legal and regulatory framework impacting digital advertising, including privacy, data protection, and other consumer protection laws
• JD from an accredited law school and member of a state bar in good standing
• Minimum 5 years of legal experience at a law firm and/or in-house legal department - preferably with experience in ad tech, product counseling, and data privacy
• Significant experience drafting and negotiating SaaS agreements, digital marketing agreements, and complex services agreements - including privacy and data security provisions, among others
• Excellent negotiating skills and a pragmatic approach to problem solving, as well as a track record of success in handling complex business and legal issues in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to explain complex legal concepts, build consensus, think creatively, and collaborate with clients to address business needs
• Passion for technology and ability to understand complex technology and product use cases quickly
• Sound business judgment and flexibility to manage multiple wide-ranging matters, conflicting deadlines, and new areas of expertise as business needs change
• Ability to successfully influence and build relationships at all levels of the organization
• Self-motivated, with a strong work ethic
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week
• This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $140,000 - $170,000 (bonus eligible)
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3q7yx-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.