NBCUniversal is looking for a detail-oriented, highly organized, and highly efficient attorney to work as a part of the Brand Marketing & Creative Partnerships Legal team. This position will support marketing and ad sales groups across NBCUniversal on various matters, including marketing campaigns, production, promotions, events, and digital content. This position will be based at the company's Universal City, CA office.
• Drafting and negotiating various commercial agreements related to the advertising, marketing, promotion, production, production shoots, publicity, and exploitation of television shows, short form content and related IP, including license agreements, clearances, talent and materials releases, voiceovers, sponsorships and brand integration agreements; commercial and book tie-ins; and charitable partnerships, including production, development and exploitation of creative content agreements.
• Provide legal support relating to the development, production and exploitation of advertising and other sponsored content for all of the company's television and digital businesses .
• Manage all aspects of promotions for NBCUniversal's entertainment, sports, and news networks, digital properties, and stations, and draft and review sweepstakes, contests, and game rules, and prepare affidavits, releases, online voting rules, prize provider agreements, and on-air, online, and print disclaimers.
• Advise on all aspects of marketing production, including working with production shoots teams, and offering advice on production compliance.
• Stay current on complex marketing–related legal issues to provide timely and thoughtful advice on potential risks.
• Vet promo spots for on-air and digital distribution.
• Review creative and advertising materials for regulatory compliance, guild considerations, clearances and intellectual property matters.
• In consultation with Labor & Employment team, advising on SAG/AFTRA and SAG Commercials Contract issues related to advertising, marketing and exploitation.
• In consultation with Privacy legal team, providing privacy-related advice in connection with promotions, marketing games, email and mobile campaigns.
• Helping to draft and advise on companywide policies for social media, branded and custom content integrations, engagement of influencers and native advertising.
• Law Degree.
• J.D. from an accredited law school.
• Member of the California State Bar, or willingness and qualification to be Registered in-house Counsel.
• 4+ years of legal experience in a law firm or in-house legal department.
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice.
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA.
• Must maintain confidentiality of projects, legal and business information at all times.
• Experience with marketing, advertising, media or production matters.
• Experience drafting and negotiating commercial agreements.
• Experience in promotions (contests, sweepstakes, giveaways).
• Strong communication (oral and written), transactional and organizational skills.
• Good judgment and ability to work independently with all levels of company personnel and with outside parties.
• Sound business judgment and flexibility/adaptability to manage multiple time-sensitive matters, including appropriately prioritizing among them.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude and flexibility in a rapidly changing business environment.