Universal City, CA
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Each day Universal Studios Hollywood creates unforgettable experiences for our guests from around the world. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood experience with our real working movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions that put you inside some of the world's most popular movies and TV shows. USH offers something for everyone from thrill seekers to movie lovers to family fun for all ages. Our Team Members are passionate individuals who create memorable moments whether it's on the studio lot, or in our conference rooms, theaters, or kitchens. We believe in the talent of our team members. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives our business to succeed in everything we do across the park. We believe in a culture of family and fun, here you can make a difference and build your career!
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
Provide financial support for Universal Studios Hollywood capital projects. Deliverables include monthly project cost reporting and analysis, month-end close requirements, cash flow tracking/forecasting, and other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Initial duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Performs various recurring project finance tasks including the following:
• Maintain PMWeb (project tracking system) to be consistent with SAP (financial system) and earned value assumptions
• Complete monthly project cost reporting for projects and distribute to management. Work with project managers to update project budgets and communicate all project issues via monthly report.
• Month-end close requirements, including preparing monthly project status and accrual reports, and preparing and posting journal entries
• Charge number issuance (Work requisitions)
• Project cost reclassifications/transfers
• Contingency entries to balance project estimated final cost (EFC)
• Approval/tracking of travel requisitions
• Prepare cash flow projections on a routine basis
• Tax compliance tracking and confirmation for Sales/Use Tax and Source Income Tax
• During project close-out, provide reconciliation of contract payment history versus SAP and final reconciliation of project commitments including recording of vendor payment discounts in PMWeb
• Review, audit and approve contract drafts, purchase requisitions, and invoices/payment applications related to project.
• Upon request, complete applicable ad-hoc projects and reporting
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree: Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field is required.
• 1-3 years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficiency in Excel.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Flexibility to move on short notice from task to task as priorities change with a deadline-driven mentality
• Possess organizational and analytical thinking skills
• Able to perform basic budgeting and accounting research
• Ability to give both detailed and high-level presentations to different audiences
• Proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, Access, and SAP experience a plus
• Working understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Project/capital experience preferred
• Prior project experience in construction, theme park, or attraction desired
• Team-oriented, collaborative, able to work well with others
• Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $66,500 - $75,000
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk6y30-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.