VP, Studio Insights & Research
Universal City, CA
NBCU's EVP, Inclusion- Talent & Content has an opening for a coordinator reporting to two directors leading the team's Production/Creative efforts.
This is a pivotal role in which the candidate will contribute in the building and implementation of diversity, equity and inclusion practices across the NBCUniversal portfolio in this fast-paced, rapidly growing department which is the first of its kind to cover Film, TV¸ and Streaming. Candidate will work closely with the directors and team in developing, maintaining and strengthening upcoming and current creative programs and initiatives; engage in diversity and inclusion practitioner strategies, internal and external partnerships and sponsorships; contributing to the department's resources and databases; and work and interface with the various divisions within NBCUniversal.
First established in 2017 as a groundbreaking diversity and inclusion department for the feature film industry by Universal Filmed Entertainment Group Chairman Donna Langley, Global Talent Development & Inclusion (GTDI) expanded its purview in 2020 to add NBCUniversal Television & Streaming and Universal Studios Group. Building upon NBCUniversal's commitment to a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture, GTDI partners with Production and Human Resources departments across the Company's content ecosystem to create strategies that align with its mission to cultivate, amplify, attract and retain an inclusive talent pool on-screen, behind the camera, and within the NBCUniversal's workforce.
• Work with and support directors in the coordination and execution of creative programs and initiatives such as, but not limited to, NBCUniversal's writing, directing and composer initiatives; including formatting and distribution of curriculums; securing guest speakers, event logistics, and alumni relations, etc.
• Format, distribute and track action plans to current program participants and alumni to build career momentum
• Provide diversity and inclusion (D&I) notes for live-action and animation content
• Maintain and contribute to databases and tracking systems for production creative talent, and mid- and year-end reporting
• Maintain below-the-line resource for creatives and production
• Log, provide and distribute coverage of incoming external talent submissions and recommendations for strategy
• Provide talent recommendations including casting, above the line and below the line positions
• Provide research and tracking cultural consultants and DEI trends
• Prepare and participate in presentations and panel discussions to amplify GTDI programs and initiatives
• Engage with external partners in identifying talent and resources for content
• Identify and draft suitable content and artwork for social media platforms including, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Tracking NBCUniversal related media announcements relevant to diversity and inclusion
• Participate and engage in D&I and workforce initiatives
• Managing schedules and meeting coordination and prep
• Provide agenda and meeting notes, takeaways and feedback
• Support the team with event planning and logistics. Attend external events with the team as needed.
• Timely prepare and process invoices, timecards, expense reports, etc.
• Maintain proper recordkeeping and filing system for all work, including updating and organizing contact lists and meeting attendee email groups.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum 3 years industry experience – film, TV, agency, studio, production company, etc.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and advanced PowerPoint as well as Adobe Photoshop and PDFs
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must be available to work extended hours
• Understanding of creative production process including analysis of directing and writing for live-action and animation
• Knowledge of the film and TV studio system, NBCU's senior leadership and key players in the industry
• Familiarity with creative and production talent, including but not limited to live-action and animation writers; directors; composers; and below-the-line crew
• Ability to successfully interact with senior leadership and staff at all levels and cultivate relationships
• Ability to adapt, problem solve and anticipate potential needs in a very fast-paced environment while managing a heavy workload
• Highly detail-oriented paying meticulous attention to multiple details and tasks while minimizing errors
• Adept at multi-tasking, effectively prioritizing work assignments, and demonstrating a sense of urgency when needed
• Possesses a collaborative team-player mentality
• Knowledge of diversity best practices, concepts and programs as well as possess a passion for inclusion and diversity in the workplace
• Strong analytical skills, and comfort working with numerical data or performing data analysis and reporting
• Demonstrates flexibility, adaptability and creativity to excel in a constantly evolving department
• Proactive and resourceful problem-solver with ability to work calmly under pressure
• Ability to work with and maintain confidential information
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Keeps abreast of industry developments/trends and company news as it relates to film production as well as inclusivity