NBCUniversal is looking for a detail-oriented, highly organized, and highly efficient individual to work within the Universal Studios Group handling production-related agreements and issues, as well as other matters.
• Draft, review, revise, and negotiate clearance agreements, location agreements, vendor agreements, equipment rental agreements, animal handler agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and other production-related agreements.
• Provide timely and thoughtful advice on potential risks and issues.
• Research and evaluate production issues.
• Process and upload contracts and correspondence into group files and databases.
• Participate in task forces to evaluate and establish new procedures to streamline workflow and enhance department productivity.
• Coordinate with team on projects and priorities.
• Either (1) 2+ years of experience in a professional role requiring strong analytic and organizational skills and careful attention to detail, as well as a Bachelor's Degree; OR (2) a Juris Doctorate Degree
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA. Role will initially be remote, but ultimately will be based in our Universal City, CA offices
• Strong communication (oral and written) and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated facility with Adobe Acrobat; proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Good judgment and ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively, with all levels of company personnel and with outside parties.
• Demonstrated ability to process and analyze complex information.
• Willingness to work late and on weekends on short notice if necessary.
• Experience drafting production agreements and/or handling production related legal issues.
• Sound business judgment and flexibility/adaptability to manage multiple time-sensitive matters, including appropriately prioritizing among them.
• Paralegal or comparable experience.
• Proven problem-solving skills.
• Basic understanding of legal terms and conditions relevant to the entertainment industry.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude and flexibility in a fast-paced corporate business environment.