NBCUniversal Global Distribution is responsible for the sales and distribution of NBC Universal product to all forms of television and new media platforms in over 200 territories across the globe, its revenue portfolio exceeding $5Bn per year. This includes a rich library of more than 4,200 feature films and 110,000 television episodes, including current and classic titles, non-scripted programming, sports, news, long-form and short-form programming, and locally produced content from around the world. NBCUniversal Global Distribution is a division of Comcast NBCUniversal.
The Contract Specialist provides support to the Director, Legal Clearance – Universal Pictures Home Entertainment Business & Legal Affairs (''Department''), and is responsible for handling a variety of legal clearance issues and other administration tasks as set out below.
• Review, evaluate and provide legal clearance notes for new release, catalog, direct-to-video, and TV bonus and promotional content including short form content for online/digital platforms.
• Draft, negotiate, and analyze talent, production, material, and location agreements, including agreements with external production vendors.
• Assist with the drafting and negotiation of contracts, including primarily agreements relating to the licensing of film and television content for television and ''digital'/''new media'' customers worldwide in various media (including free, basic and pay television, SVOD, PPV/VOD, EST and other media) using in-house contract assembly system (SAFE)
• Prepare short form license agreements. deal memos, amendments and any other legal documents as deemed needed;
• Draft and negotiate promotional, sponsorship, and publicity agreements including but not limited to online/digital marketing agreements, location/facility rental agreements, and production vendor agreements.
• Identify and research resolve business and legal issues (including issues relating to contract interpretation) and provide ongoing advice and legal support to sales executives, marketing, technology experts and administrative personnel.
• Various legal clearance and other services related to the production, manufacture, marketing, promotion, and distribution of NBCUniversal's content in all media.
• Provide (routine) administrative support to the Department in general;
• Provide support on special projects
• Minimum one years of contract analysis, clearance or legal assistant experience, preferably with experience in Business Affairs or Legal Affairs in a movie studio, production company, record label, or music publishing company
• Minimum high-school diploma
• The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above descriptions and may be modified at any time by the Department or NBCUniversal.
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, California
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Ability to read, analyze, interpret and summarize contracts
• Ability to work independently and diligently with little supervision and meet deadlines
• Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as solid interpersonal skills
• Adept and comfortable working with a variety of online tools and databases.
• Highly accurate and strong attention to details;
• Experience with department procedures and high integrity (e.g., maintaining confidential documents); and
• Strong Microsoft office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) skills
• Strong work ethic; commitment to quality; initiative & strong self-motivation;
• Team player; able to work in groups; willing to assist others as needed;
• Highly organized, detail-oriented team player, able to work in a fast-paced, high pressure, deadline-driven environment.
• Related legal clearance experience with a studio, including papering and negotiating guild production contracts.
• Previous working experience in an international office environment preferably secretarial/ administration duties;
• Ample experience with drafting and reviewing legal documents; experience in a legal field or high-volume environment preferred;
• Past experience in working with multiple clients (internal/external) and departments, etc.;
• Able to work independently; effective time management skills; able to perform multiple tasks concurrently (flexibility); prioritize effectively;
• Have experience in providing clear and concise communications to a variety of diverse business units.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx7nkz-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.