TODAY Digital, the multiplatform arm of America's favorite morning show, is looking for a Commerce Writer to help execute and expand our evergreen shipping content.
The SEO Commerce Writer will be responsible for pitching and executing shop TODAY's evergreen content, along with helping find new opportunities to expand coverage based on shopping trends and audience development insight. The ideal candidate will have a mix of editorial and analytical skills with a firm understand of SEO, grammar, and AP style.
This candidate should have the ability to write informative shippable editorial content focused on product categories across fashion, home, parents, beauty, health and food. They should also have a knack for researching and interviewing a diverse range of sources from different backgrounds to help readers make informed decisions.
• Write multiple Shop TODAY articles on a daily basis, including reported content with expert sourcing and research
• Discover new opportunities to expand evergreen commerce content based on competitive analysis, audience development guidance and timely trends
• Assist with pitching and writing seasonal and evergreen commerce features
• Monitor story performance and collaborate with the social team on promotion
• Contribute tot he growth of Shop TODAY by brainstorming new ways to engage readers and drive traffic/sales across all digital platforms
• Minimum 2 years writing experience, preferably with
experience in SEO commerce or lifestyle content
• Proven experience with conducting interviews with a
diverse range of experts and subjects and researching
topics across a vast range of lifestyle categories
• Knowledge of AP Style
• Highly organized, detail-oriented and excellent
verbal/written communication skills
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced online environment
• Ability to write / refresh multiple articles per day,
sometimes with a quick turnaround time
• Interest in shopping trends and discovering new products
that will resonate with TODAY readers
• Familiarity with content analytics tools (Chartbeat,
DOMO) and affiliate marketing platforms (Skimlinks,
Amazon, Impact, Rakuten, etc.) a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6nvxn-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.