NBCUniversal is seeking an Intellectual Property Clearance Analyst to support the Brands and Content, Intellectual Property team with the global clearance process. Proficiency with trademark clearance or general intellectual property practice is preferred.
• Responsible for domestic and international trademark and title clearance for films, television series, theme parks, and consumer products, as well as related areas across all NBCUniversal businesses
• Conduct research to identify any trademark or production clearance issues on submissions including domestic and foreign titles, trademarks, fictitious characters, locations, artwork designs and more
• Index, track and keep record of each production's submitted materials
• Communicate and manage the clearance process with clients and internal teams
• Conduct investigations on potential IP enforcement targets
• Collaborate with the department on intellectual property projects, as needed
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum 2 years of experience at a law firm or in-house legal group
• Strong computer skills, including proven experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task
• Extensive research skills
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• Strong ability to prioritize and manage projects in a fast-paced environment, working efficiently and effectively with a large volume of work
• Demonstrated initiative in achieving results and measuring performance
• Experience in television/film/entertainment field preferred
• Additional language skills a plus
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm3ojx-100-24-118-144-42 in your application.