The Character Art Manager primary role involves a variety of tasks that include but are not limited to managing the team of artists tasked with the creation of illustrations and concepts for visualization, presentation and style guide purposes; research and reference gathering of images and content as well as general art support across all our products.
• Manage the day to day operations of a team of highly skilled character artists
• Track and document progress on all Product reviews, Visual Development tasks and Production art tasks
• Manage licensees, manufacturers, and creative service, vendors, and agencies.
• Collaborate with the Design managers and various Business managers.
• Mentor and train junior artists in their growth and best practices
• Meet the Supervising Director's aesthetic requirements on final designs.
• Broad knowledge and ability to execute various illustrative styles from photorealism to highly stylized
• Review and provide feedback on a variety of ''character based'' product ranging from food items, to toys, to publications to interactive games.
• Oversee and maintain art naming conventions and organization within projects
• Minimum of 5 years experience working as a character designer and as a project owner/lead
• Expert level proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
• Excellent communication skills in presenting ideas in formal and informal settings
• Have a broad understanding of character design and development
• Clear and diverse visual development skillset
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes
• Highly detail-oriented
• Strong understanding of anatomy and perspective required
• Strong artistic knowledge with understanding of forms, materials, composition, perspective, color, anatomy and lighting.
• Familiarity with the Animation process and Storytelling as a medium
• Strong sense of initiative and motivated self-starter
• Able to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust among team members and peers
• Receive and give feedback in a motivated and invested way focused on what is best for the product
• Friendly, people oriented, team player
• Sense of humor, passion for your work, and a desire to grow yourself and those around you
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpj5v0-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.