The Business Operations Specialist is a key contributor to the department by aiding in all business-related functions so executive management, department heads, and marketing staff can focus on strategic and creative responsibilities. The Business Operations Specialist will also work hand in hand with the Creative Operations and Postproduction teams to develop, implement, and standardize reporting and business processes to focus on creating efficiencies, process improvements and achieve expense reductions for the department.
The ideal candidate is someone who has worked across cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment and strives for operational excellence. You must be a strategic thinker that is able to tie projects to strategic initiatives and corporate goals.
• Collaborate with partner teams including Finance, Legal and Vendor Management to support organizational and business objectives .
• Execute financial processes (purchase orders, invoice payment processing, payment status and tracking, etc.) and follow up to address any issues and ensure timely payment.
• Manage new vendor set up in accordance with Company standards and guidelines.
• Assist with creation, updating and organization of departmental documents (availability tracking forms, SOPs, manuals, etc.)
• Budgets: Gather, amend, and assist with budgets for assigned groups. Build detailed event estimates during large pre-planned or last-minute productions/events
• Automate existing reporting to minimize time spent on updates.
• Investigate and develop solutions for cross-regional savings opportunities.
• AP Processing: Code, track, and approve invoices - This includes set-up and maintenance of 3rd party vendors and Independent Contractors in A/P systems.
• Build and sustain strong vendor relationships, coordinate invoice payments with accounting, collecting additional information needed (payment details), etc.; respond to invoice queries.
• Build strong relationships with Finance, Accounting, HR, Legal, Security, and Procurement to lead and implement collaborative projects.
• Ensure compliance with expense management, company policies, procedures, processes, and procurement.
• Participate on global tender/RFP initiatives to produce operational improvements and drive cost savings.
• Provide assistance with the creation and maintenance of departmental workflow systems including SharePoint shared files, Dropbox file management, SOP/GOP, etc..
• Expense Approval: Reviews and approve T & E expense reports in Concur ensuring policy compliance and proper allocations.
• Onboarding: responsible for staff, contractors, interns, and freelance new hire onboarding and collaborating with Post Ops to ensure proper equipment is ordered.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel. Experience with other analytical systems is a plus.
• Able to identify, distinguish, and analyze multiple components of a problem and then make conclusions.
• Prepare and deliver insights and recommendations based on analysis.
• Work with process improvement (Lean Six Sigma) is a plus.
• Accurate, detail-oriented, analytical, a good communicator, and highly organized.
Additional Job Requirements
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID_19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVD-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvyx1w-18-205-176-39-42 in your application.