Business Affairs Director
Universal City, CA
Assist in the negotiation of development, licensing and production deals in connection with the development and series production of scripted programs, unscripted programs, late night, specials, and live events.
Work with the Business Affairs team in handling the day-to-day business affairs issues for entertainment programming projects in development and in current production.
Draft short-form deal memos and review longform agreements for accuracy of terms negotiated.
Interface and coordinate with the following departments: creative, production, casting, legal affairs, promotions, communications, finance, music, distribution, marketing, business development, and digital media.
• Minimum 2 years of professional experience at a major law firm or media company
• Juris Doctorate (JD)
• Bar Admission
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY or Universal City, California
• Good business judgment and confidence.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced, deadline-intensive in-house environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with a range of personalities and styles and establish productive relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Strong interest in negotiation, deal-making and the entertainment business.
• Professional relationships with talent representatives and business/legal affairs executives a plus.