Business Affairs Director
Universal City, CA
• Negotiate development, licensing and production deals in connection with the development and series production of scripted programs, unscripted programs, late night, specials, and live events.
• Handle the day-to-day business affairs issues for entertainment programming projects in development and in current production.
• Draft short-form deal memos and review longform agreements for accuracy of terms negotiated.
• Interface and coordinate with the following departments: creative, production, casting, legal affairs, promotions, communications, finance, music, distribution, marketing, business development, and digital media.
• Minimum 5 years of professional experience at a major law firm or media company
• Juris Doctorate (JD)
• Bar Admission
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY or Universal City, California
• Minimum 3 years of relevant experience negotiating and drafting deals of any sort -- television development/production deals in a business and/or legal affairs department at a media company and/or entertainment legal practice preferred, but not essential.
• Strong and effective negotiating skills.
• Good business judgment and confidence.
• Excellent drafting and analytical skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced, deadline intensive in-house environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with a range of personalities and styles and establish productive relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Strong interest in the entertainment business.
• Professional relationships with talent representatives and business/legal affairs executives a plus.