Building Engineer- NBC4/T44
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
Working at a major News Broadcasting Facility as a Building Engineer, you will be responsible for the operation and up time in a critical 24/7 environment. The role is responsible for building maintenance and upkeep, preventative maintenance inside the facility, all to support the on-air broadcasting.
• Operation and maintenance of HVAC systems
• Basic electrical and plumbing work
• General building maintenance and repairs
• Perform routine exercises of emergency power systems
• Support TV studio and broadcast environment
• Environmental, Health and Safety duties as assigned
• Work with Offsite vendors to complete projects
• Responsible for maintaining the proper environmental conditions for Tower Buildings
• Respond to work orders within the facility through a ticketing system
• Support facility infrastructure utilizing BAS
• All other duties as assigned
**The schedule for this position is as follows: Swing shift, 2pm-10pm or 10pm-6am; days varying**
This role offers overtime.
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in maintenance and operation of steam boilers and centrifugal chillers in critical facilities
• Valid DC 3rd class License
• Universal CFC license
• Experience handling larger scale generators, UPS systems, and switchgear operation with PLC interface controls
• Experience with data center cooling
• Must be willing to work in Washington DC
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be available to work overtime, evenings, weekends, holidays as needed
• Experience with pneumatic controls and troubleshooting techniques
• Must work well under pressure. Ability to prioritize immediate response when operator intervention is required
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking skills preferred
• Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6v7xn-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.