The Audience Development Editor will be responsible for developing and executing strategies that grow digital audiences in line with NBCUniversal's business goals in their local Owned Television Station Markets. The ideal candidate is analytical, has strong news judgement and is a self-starter. If you love using data to learn what makes audiences tick, this role could be for you. This role is open to telecommute.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Developing social strategies to grow monetizable audiences to NBCU OTS's owned properties primarily in west coast markets
• Coordinating and executing campaigns to support NBCU's tentpole events and Symphony initiatives
• Identifying trending stories on search and social and seeding them to local markets and national editorial teams, ensuring ideal packaging from ideation to publication
• Identifying topics for evergreen search and social content and writing as necessary
• Using tools like Socialflow and Slack to streamline the social and SEO process across the division.
• Working closely with your colleagues in the research department to develop A/B test, create experiments and evaluate strategies to drive consistent audience growth over time.
• Working closely with other members of the audience team to ensure top of funnel growth tactics sync with engagement and retention efforts
• Creating, updating and presenting training materials for editorial teams so that they stay on top of the latest audience development trends and remain up-to-date on understanding shifts in user behavior
• Providing regular insights to editorial teams about audiences in their market
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism preferred or related technical discipline
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience working in an editorial, audience, social or SEO-focused role in a newsroom setting
• Strong attention to detail, self-starter and must possess innovative thinking capabilities
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ensuring data accuracy
• Must have strong news judgement
• Proficiency with social media platforms (i.e. Twitter, Facebook)
• Experience with one data platform (i.e. Adobe Analytics)
Familiarity in Google Trends, Socialflow and Slack