Producer/ Writer, Sports
New York, NY
Want to work with one of America's most trusted and loved brands? As one of the biggest brands in the lifestyle space with more than 50M unique visitors, TODAY Digital is looking forward to our biggest year of growth yet. With a significant investment in the future, we're innovating and creating new ways to help audiences live better, more informed, happier, and healthier lives.
TODAY Digital, the multi-platform arm of America's favorite morning show, is looking for an Associate Producer, Multimedia for a Saturday - Wednesday position.
This position is represented by the News Guild-NY CWA.
• Clipping and publishing video from the TODAY Show Broadcast.
• Maintaining and editing best practices for video publishing processes.
• Selecting strong images from video and still image feeds, photo editing across platforms, advising programming producers on best available media.
• Metadata organization and QA.
• Representing editorial stakeholders in troubleshooting technical processes.
• Evaluation of an adherence to Rights and Clearances guidance; Management and execution of R&C media processes.
• Providing quality control for video distribution on editorial channels and with partners and platforms like YouTube, AOL, Hulu, Apple TV, Xfinity and Roku.
• Adapting to and facilitating transition to a new image and video platform/CMS.
• Possible light non-multimedia editorial work such as writing, producing content
• Minimum of three years of experience
producing/editing/promoting multimedia content on the
• Strong video editing skills across desktop, mobile, tablet
• The ability to write engaging, accurate and SEO-friendly
headlines, captions and stories around visual content.
• A deep understanding of how images and videos are
shared and consumed on digital, social and mobile
• Proficiency in Adobe creative suite and non-linear editing
systems, such as Avid, Final Cut, etc.
• Proficiency in web-based video publishing programs
such as Wildmoka
• Proven news judgment, high ethical standards and
strong interpersonal skills.
• A high degree of independence, decisiveness, and
• Strong and proven leadership skills.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under
tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Must be prepared to work holidays and overtime on short
• A BA in journalism or other discipline emphasizing
storytelling and multimedia creation or equivalent years
of relevant working experience
• Opportunity for some remote work but must be willing to
work in NYC.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the
Additional Job Requirements:
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19
vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated,
submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days
following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the
commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced
protocols if Company determines your job position
requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19
workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Appreciation for TODAY's broad range of topics and
personalities – hard news, entertainment, lifestyle,
celebrities, newsmakers and ordinary individuals.
• A good grasp of topics and stories of high interest to diverse
women and young families is necessary.
• A passion for news and all facets of its production
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g34ve9-3-225-221-151-42 in your application.