We are a part of the Advertising & Program Standards team that is responsible for reviewing and evaluating content for NBCUniversal's Television & Streaming business which includes Bravo, E!, NBC, Oxygen, Peacock, SYFY, Telemundo, and USA . We review advertisements and scripted, unscripted, late night, and live entertainment programs. We work closely with cross-functional partners across NBCUniversal to ensure that our content adheres to internal and external guidelines, applicable law, and governmental regulations, and reflects the sensibilities of our company and our viewing audience .
As an Associate Editor for the Standards department, you will review advertisements, original programming and acquired movies and series to ensure adherence to our guidelines and procedures. You will also review unscripted lifestyle and documentary programming and assist with specials and live events as needed. This is a cross-functional role that involves effective collaboration with teams inside and outside of NBCUniversal. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and communication skills and be able to proactively identify issues and develop creative solutions. You will be expected to partner effectively with your manager and colleagues to conceptualize and implement new processes as the department and workload evolves and collaborate seamlessly with other teams across the department to achieve common goals.
Core Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Screen and evaluate
original programming and acquired movies and series to identify standards issues and corporate concerns, make sensitive contextual judgments, ensure compliance with our guidelines, and assign TV Parental Guidelines ratings.
• Review advertisements from concept to final edit to ensure they meet internal brand standards and regulatory requirements and evaluate a wide range of marketing, scientific, and other substantiation submitted in support of advertising claims.
• Provide clearly articulated verbal and written notes and practical, constructive guidance on content that includes issues like excessive violence, explicit language, explicit material, imitable behavior, commercial product placement, and/or other visuals that may be unacceptable for air.
• Cultivate positive relationships and build trust with our partners, including creative executives, writers, producers, and advertising agencies, as well as other NBCUniversal divisions like Ad Sales, Network Operations, Program Scheduling and Legal.
• Operate the delay button on live productions, including after regular working hours, during holidays and on weekends, as needed.
• Proactively monitor and analyze department systems and processes and develop and implement innovative ideas that improve the way we work.
Minimum 1 year of full-time work experience; prior experience in film or television production a plus.
Able to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion regarding all business matters.
High level of professionalism and excellent diplomatic skills.
Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and a large volume of time-sensitive tasks in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Willing and available to work after regular working hours, during holidays, and on weekends, as needed, to meet operational needs, like show-specific production schedules and timelines.
The nature of the work performed may require discussion of sensitive subjects that appear in content undergoing review, so a demonstrated ability to engage in sensitive and difficult conversations is a plus.
This role will be located in New York, NY, Los Angeles, CA, or Miami, FL, and reports into the Manager, Advertising & Program Standards.
A passion for the business of television, an interest in advertising and program compliance, and familiarity with the NBCUniversal portfolio including broadcast, late night, cable, and Peacock.
Strong strategic thinking, problem solving, and analytic skills.
A self-starter who can work independently and collaboratively.
Ability to recognize and adapt to rapidly changing business needs and to prioritize accordingly.
Knowledge of current industry terminology, trends, and the media landscape.
Digitally savvy and willing to engage with and learn unfamiliar technological tools, systems, and processes. Familiarity with website design and development.
Proficiency in Spanish beneficial.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw9qyp-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.