New York, NY
Reporting to VP, Labor Relations, the person in this role will provide strategic advice and counsel to internal business partners, including NBCNews, NBC Sports, Owned Television Stations and Operations and Technology, regarding labor laws and union contractual obligations, provide legal counsel on union grievances and represent the Company in collective bargaining.
Other responsibilities include handling labor arbitrations, National Labor Relations Board matters, and other related litigation for the Company.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Provide strategic labor relations advice and counsel and contractual interpretation for internal business partners, HR professionals, business leaders, and production teams on a wide variety of corporate initiatives.
• Represent Company in collective bargaining agreement negotiations.
• Serve as legal counsel in union grievances, labor arbitrations, and proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board.
• Provide employment law counsel as appropriate in conjunction with the Employment Law Group.
• Law degree
• Member in good standing of the State Bar of New York or member in good standing of another State Bar and registered as in-house counsel
• Minimum of 3+ years of experience for Associate Counsel and 5+ years years of experience for Counsel, including experience in labor arbitrations and matters before the National Labor Relations Board.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Outstanding analytic, communication and organizational skills.
• Collaborative, team-oriented approach.
• Ability to identify, prioritize, and resolve legal issues quickly and effectively.
• Ability to build consensus, think creatively, and proactively identify Company needs with regard to employee relations matters.
• Ability to build relationships across a large and diverse organization.