We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Each day Universal Studios Hollywood creates unforgettable experiences for our guests from around the world. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood experience with our real working movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions that put you inside some of the world's most popular movies and TV shows. USH offers something for everyone from thrill seekers to movie lovers to family fun for all ages. Our Team Members are passionate individuals who create memorable moments whether it's on the studio lot, or in our conference rooms, theaters, or kitchens. We believe in the talent of our team members. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives our business to succeed in everything we do across the park. We believe in a culture of family and fun, here you can make a difference and build your career!
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
The Assistant Project Manager is to assist the Project Managers with the planning and coordination of activities for projects to ensure that goals and objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frames. Responsibilities include client interface, cost & schedule estimating programming, planning, cost control, and financial reporting.
• Assist Project Managers during the lifecycle of a project
• Attend and document project kick-off meetings
• Provide coordination support for the Project Management Team as needed (i.e. coordination and distribution of meeting notes as required, coordination of agendas, drafting project kick-off correspondence for business units, document support, etc.)
• Review of payment applications for general contractor, architect, consultant, and other vendors
• Track and maintain project schedule and budget in the company's project management system of record
• Perform final quality review of all documentation prior to submission for Department approvals (including contract, invoices, bid milestones and funding documents)
• Assist Project Managers in coordination with governmental agencies for applications and approvals (permits, reimbursement/refund requests, etc.) Meet with relevant agencies to facilitate approvals, as needed
• Manage in tracking and distribution of Directives, tracking of potential change orders, quality control of change order requests, and compiling change order requests into monthly change orders
• Manage and coordinate selected project vendors in collaboration with Project Manager
• Ensure project files (electronic and paper) maintain documented backup necessary for auditing purposes
• Coordinate security access for vendors as required
• Lead project punch list process to completion
• Lead project close-out process. Responsible for ensuring that project close-out packages are complete. Take ownership of close-out process, including identification of required close-out documentation, management of vendors for timely and complete submittal, and review of close-out documentation with stakeholders, including final hand-over to facilities.
• Collaborate with project controls and Project Managers on monthly cost reports, cash flows, and any other needed reporting
• Research and facilitate resolution of project issues in collaboration with Project Managers
• Coordinate with Fixed Assets for final capitalization of project. Provide additional cost and/or quantity information as necessary
• Manage and track warranty periods. Coordinate repairs with general contractors prior to warranty expiration. Conduct end of warranty period turnover meeting with the Operations Department
• Work with Legal and Sourcing on new contracts and competitive bid process
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• Over 2 years of experience as an APM in the construction industry, preferably as owner's rep. Project Management certification preferred.
• Experience of managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Expert in Microsoft Excel
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Project.
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of employees and management, and willingness to give assistance to co-workers in other areas. Strong team player.
• Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
• Strong time management skills
Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite. This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $70,000 - $85,000.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw3p4p-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.