Want to work with one of America's most trusted brands? TODAY Digital is seeking an Art Director to join our growing Art and Photo Department. The Art Director will work closely with creative leadership to expand the visual direction of TODAY.com and our digital platforms. The Art Director will supervise and mentor a team of photo editors and designers and will collaborate daily with editors and reporters across the newsroom.
The job entails:
• Providing clear and conceptually driven art direction for article art (photography, photo illustration, and illustration) on TODAY.com to a team of in-house photo editors, illustrators, and designers.
• Providing design and art direction for graphic design on our social platforms.
• Developing style guides and work processes for the TODAY.com art team.
• Commissioning and art directing freelance illustrators and photographers, along with managing contracts and invoicing.
• Ability to meet deadlines and to adapt to change in a daily, unpredictable news production environment.
• Producing some photo-heavy article art and illustrations with Photoshop and Illustrator for use on TODAY.com and our social platforms.
• 5+ relevant years of experience working in editorial
design or illustration.
• Experience managing a team of photo editors,
photographers, and/or designers.
• Portfolio that demonstrates an eye for storytelling,
concept, composition, color and typography.
• Able to work on quick deadlines, alongside other project
• Work easily between multiple content and CMS types to
publish work on deadline.
• Proven news judgment, high ethical standards and
wonderful interpersonal skills.
• Strong written communication skills.
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19
vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated,
submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days
following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the
commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced
protocols if Company determines your job position
requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19
workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop & Illustrator).
• Proficient in Figma.
• Meet deadlines with fast turnarounds and implement last-minute feedback.
• Experience managing and art directing photoshoots is a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8qnkm-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.