Systems Engineer, NBC & Miami
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
Responsible for preparing and executing the operation of the automated production control system (APC) for live and taped television and digital platform broadcasts.
Build rundowns (automated or non-automated) for all broadcasts, PSA's, commercials, etc.
Operates control room computer and automation, which includes the creation and utilization of templates to automate production functions including:
Technical directing, audio mixing, robotics operations, commercial integration, live/remote segment cut-ins, video file playback, graphics insertion and switching.
Gives direction to talent and other technicians on broadcasts.
Performs other control room and studio related duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 3 years' experience using Dalet or equivalent newsroom computer systems.
• Minimum of 3 years working with and knowledge of television production equipment.
• Strong Computer Skills: Minimum 3 years of experience with computer applications working and monitoring multiple screens and software applications simultaneously in a broadcast environment.
• Must be willing to work full time onsite at the Miramar location.
• Must be willing to take drug test and submit to a background investigation.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must have ability to work any schedule within a 24x7 shift.
• Work overtime and on weekends with short notice.
• Must have computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, and basic knowledge of Excel.
• 3+ years' experience directing and/or technical directing.
• 3+ years' experience with Automated Production Control systems (Ross Overdrive & Xpression systems preferred).
• Associates or BA degree in Telecommunications or related field or currently enrolled in a college working toward a degree preferred.
• Displays a positive work ethic and can work under tight deadlines.
• High degree of integrity and professionalism.
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Ability to work well and communicate with others.
• Ability to react quickly and make decisions.
• Ability to lead and direct others.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj4ne1-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.