NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal's commitment and how we are making an impact.
• Work closely with the VP, TV Animation Leadership to develop and/or improve pipeline processes and tools.
• Assist the VP, TV Animation Production with the management of pipeline related issues and concerns that come up during new show pre-builds and existing shows at Partner Studio(s).
• Collaborate with the CG Supervisors and work together to present solutions and ideas to the VP, TV Animation Production (10%).
• Set standards for DWTVs Pipeline Department including Software Development workflows & philosophies, AGILE based task management workflows, documentation standards etc.
• Ensure DWTVs Pipeline Department adheres to studio values & policies.
• Also assist in defining standards and techniques for pipeline processes that will be implemented in production by DWATV and our Partner Studio(s) (5%).
• Investigate new technologies for R&D potential.
• Remain updated on new animation production technologies and industry trends.
• Perform and manage technical work in support of adopting new and updating existing processes/tools being used in production at DWATV and Partner Studios.
• Make adoption strategies to integrate the latest technology and workflows within the DWTV + partner studio framework. (5%).
• Manage an in-house team of 10, consisting of Lead Animation Pipeline TD's and TD's specializing in CG Pipeline tools and Core Production Pipeline development & support.
• Day to day responsibilities could include: writing performance reviews, providing feedback & guidance, giving direction, helping overcome development or support based obstacles, keeping the department morale high, fostering growth, having regular touch-bases and enabling both TDs & Leads, Check in with Animation Pipeline Leads to ensure team/studio goals are being met, assist them in day-to-day activities where necessary like designing sprints, code reviews etc., partnering with HUB Line Producer to ensure team culture adheres to standards set by DWTV, review candidate reels and resumes for open positions as well as participate in the interview process to select future candidates hires for the DWTV pipeline team, etc. (15%).
• Uber level ownership of all DWTV pipeline tasks.
• Responsibilities range from planning, designing, software architecture, task breakdowns, resource allocation, resource bidding, continuous integration/continuous deployment strategies for software releases, software testing plans, provide approvals for upgrading software and updating user permissions for artists and production staff. etc. (15%).
• Meet regularly with the CG department Supervisors and Leads to receive updates and provide council.
• Assist the CG Supervisors & Department Supervisors with providing support & direction on all phases of the pipeline.
• Initiate cross departmental collaboration between HUB's Department TDs & Pipeline TDs for R&D and support related tasks.
• Actively participate in pipeline process meetings and ensure that HUB and other Department TD's understand, maintain, and work within the proper pipeline. (10%)
• Help launch new partner studios on DWTV shows. Help evaluate Partner Studio pipelines and infrastructures.
• Work with the Pipeline Supervisors and TD's from Partner Studio(s) to architect solutions & troubleshoot issues related to DWATV processes that are being used in their production pipelines. (10%).
• Lead early morning or nightly VTC meetings with Partner Studios. This includes preparing our in-house Leads to present solutions and processes during the meeting.
• The Animation Pipeline Supervisor needs to review emails highlighting questions and concerns from the Partner Studios the morning of the meetings and prepare to present solutions during the meeting later that evening. (5%)
• Act as a technology represent and liaison for DWTV and related interactions between other DW studio technology teams like Systems (OSA), IT, Render(TRA) teams, etc.
• Interface with Studio infrastructure departments to assure stable underlying systems and technology upgrades.
• Collaborate with the studio technical resource team on render farm upgrades and troubleshooting etc. (5%)
• Represent DWATV technology at centralized global studio meetings and report back findings, questions, and concerns to the VP, TV Animation Production.
• Create and maintain relationships with software vendors (including features and bug requests).
• Also represent DWATV at technology industry conferences and events including Siggraph. (5%)
• Attend regular DWTV production and CG meetings representing the pipeline team.
• Interface with studio show leadership to resolve production pipeline issues and requests. (10%)
• Coordinate and collaborate with TDs and Supervisors from DreamWorks Feature on any Studio wide initiatives (5%)
*TRAVEL TO INTERNATIONAL PARTNER STUDIO(S) REQUIRED A FEW TIMES A YEAR
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor's in Computer Science, Visual Effects, Computer/Software Engineering, or closely related field (or foreign equivalent) plus Eight (8) years of experience in Television Animation, Feature Animation, VFX, and or video games, Job offered or closely related occupation OR a Master's degree in Computer Science, Visual Effects, Computer/Software Engineering, or closely related field (or foreign equivalent) plus Six (6) years of experience in Television Animation, Feature Animation, VFX, and or video games, Job offered or closely related occupation
• Must possess expertise/knowledge sufficient to adequately perform the duties of the job being offered.
• Expertise/knowledge may be gained through employment experience or education. Such expertise/knowledge cannot be ''quantified'' by ''time.''
• Required expertise/knowledge includes:
• Experience with Deadline and/or comparable render management software.
• Expertise in both Windows and Linux.
• Advanced Python, Java / HTML scripting. Advanced knowledge of Shotgun, Flix, Maya, Nuke, Mari, Houdini, Photoshop, Storyboard Pro, Rez, Git.
• Knowledge of the Adobe suite. Knowledge of C or C++.
• Advanced knowledge in at least 2 of the following: Vray, Redshift, Arnold, Xgen, Yeti, Unity, Unreal, Substance Experience working with international partner studio(s). Knowledge of multiple mediums (2D, CG, and / or Real Time).
• Knowledge of TV and feature animation pipelines.
Employer will accept suitable combination of education, training, or experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw2802-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.