As the Travel & Expense Analyst, you'll work to execute the Travel & Expense activities of NBCUniversal. Each year, the company processes over 200,000 T&E reports and this person is integral in ensuring that these expenses are entered and paid correctly.
This role is perfect for a person looking to launch a career in finance, as the T&E team serves as a part of the broader NBCU finance organization. With a network of over 1,500 finance professionals in the company, career growth is unlimited here.
• Monitor and analyze reports to identify duplicate expenses entered by employees. Investigate each report to confirm if expenses were duplicate submissions and coordinate with employees for reimbursements to the company
• Responsible for reconciliation of employee receivable accounts. Process daily journal entries to SAP for employee reimbursements to the company. Generate weekly notifications to employees with outstanding balances. Analyze receivable accounts to determine if journal entries are required.
• Coordinate and lead training sessions for end user training on profile set up, travel, expense, and reporting.
• Build relationships with finance teams in each business to promote transparency of T&E spend.
• Support quarterly close process, including auditing expense reports and sending notifications to employees.
• Intimate relationship with SAP financial systems
• Periodically present updates on projects and trends to team leaders.
• Program administrator for Citibank T&E card services.
• Assist with technical configuration and implementation of T&E systems for global NBCU entities.
• Liaison with external and internal services for T&E transparency and reporting purposes
• Participate in ad hoc projects in other areas and cultivate productivity
• Minimum of 1 year of finance or accounting experience, including internship experience
• Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or related field
• Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• SAP and Concur experience are a plus.
• Willingness to travel and work extended hours, and on weekends with short notice news coverage, events and to meet deadlines.
• Good interpersonal skills. Clear, concise verbal and written communication skills including professional and courteous telephone manner
• Ability to quickly build relationships across the organization and interact with all levels of management.
• Team player with exceptional work ethic
• Clear thinker with problem solving skills, ability to research problems and drive resolutions
• Strong time management skills, can prioritize workload and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
• Strong analytical skills and detail oriented.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d87e7m-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.