NBCUniversal is looking for an Analyst of Primary Research within the Measurement & Impact team to help execute, analyze, and report primary research insights in support of the advertising sales organization across NBCU's linear TV and emerging digital platforms. In this role, you will support the Senior Director and Manager of Primary Research and work with stakeholders across the sales organization including the Client Strategy & Insights, Sales Solutions, and Marketing teams. You will help uncover strategic insights to both develop and prove new ad products and deliver consultative intelligence to clients.
What We Need From You
The ideal candidate is a researcher ready to have an impact and help drive the development of proprietary insights assets. You should have some experience with quantitative and qualitative primary research techniques, including contributing to the design of research instruments and conducting robust analysis to discover the story in the data. We'll need you:
• To contribute to the fielding and analysis of quantitative and qualitative research initiatives that support internal objectives – including questionnaire development, managing survey fielding, analyzing banners & crosstabs, creating PowerPoint presentations, etc.
• To discover the story in the data through thoughtful and robust analysis
• To work with and manage research vendors to ensure adherence to industry best practices, stated timelines, contracted deliverables and high data quality
• To support the primary research team in building relationships with go-to-market teams and helping them achieve their objectives
• To offer yourself as a resource on all things primary research to team-members and peers alike
• To be genuinely curious, smart and motivated when it comes to creative research design
• To be a clear and effective communicator
• And most importantly, to live the values of collaboration and teamwork, operating as One Team across NBCU Measurement & Impact
What You Will Get From This Role
• Conduct world-class research: Contribute to building proprietary research and insights assets
• Drive impact: Play a critical role in delivering on a strategic goal for NBCU ad sales in 2021 and beyond
• Expand your knowledge: Compliment the research expertise you've already built
• Work with smart people and industry experts: Collaborate with NBCU experts across many different teams including Client Strategy & Insights, Sales Solutions and Client Partnerships.
• Achieve career & professional growth: Access to resources to develop your career and professional management skills
• Work alongside a highly-performing Measurement & Impact team: You'll be joining a supportive team that is highly motivated and proud of what they do
• Bachelor's degree required including coursework in relevant fields (e.g. Psychology, Sociology, Statistics, Market Research, Media, Business, etc.)
• 1+ years of experience in primary research methodologies and/or relevant coursework preferred
• Media work/internship experience preferred
• Statistics knowledge and experience preferred; ability to conduct advanced statistical analysis like factor and conjoint analysis
• Experience with statistical analysis tools like R, SPSS and/or SAS preferred
• Proven collaboration and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Mastery of Microsoft Office suite including Excel and PowerPoint
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71bjp-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.