Junior Application Software Developer
Universal City, CA
The Metadata and Content Acquisition Analyst provides organizing and tagging support for digital asset workflows to enable critical content protection capabilities for NBCUniversal films, TV shows and other audiovisual assets. The position sits within the IP Security & Technology team and will be responsible for accurate and complete metadata for NBCU audiovisual assets, including researching missing or incomplete metadata for audiovisual files, overseeing the ingestion of release dates and legal rights information from NBCU systems, troubleshooting failed imports of metadata from other NBCU or partner systems, updating metadata as required, and maintaining a general asset library.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, self-starting individual who can work independently as well as within an established team. A strong background in media operations will also be critical to the success of the position.
The final candidate must be able to:
• Develop, implement, evaluate, document, and manage metadata and taxonomy standards and policies, such as file naming conventions, name authorities, metadata schemas, data content standards, data value standards, and data dictionaries.
• Work with internal teams to understand their metadata needs, gather metadata requirements, and make improvements to metadata and related systems
• Create and manage a roadmap for metadata improvements and process changes.
• Support the design, implementation, and documentation of data models, data flows, and the potential new database architecture with the goal of improving metadata capture and efficiency.
• Create and manage practices to ensure metadata is fit for use for both analysis and discoverability. This includes defining what ''fit for use'' means for our department, implementing data cleaning procedures and systems, and consistently auditing our metadata.
• Work with internal teams to understand how they use internal systems, gather requirements, and plan improvements to existing systems.
• Prototype features, work with the developers to implement them, and conduct user testing of new functionalities.
• Participate in company-wide data governance committees as needed
• Educate, train, and promote the use of the IP Security & Technology web interface
• Improve the regular acquisition of audiovisual content by developing strong working relationships with key contacts in NBCU business units
• Be the hub of communication regarding metadata between IP Security & Technology and NBCU Brands for all episodic and non-episodic releases
• Perform other tasks within the IP Security & Technology team or broader organizations as needed
• 1+ years of experience with a metadata resolution system (preferred)
• Must be highly computer literate, displaying proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); expertise in Excel and XML preferred
• Knowledge of digital file formats
• General computer and network knowledge, SQL and database understanding a plus
• General understanding of the delivery systems (eg. Aspera), FTP, and FTP applications
• High level of competency with MAC and Windows operating systems including system applications (e.g. Command line functions)
• Prior experience in a high-volume technical environment juggling multiple projects
Additional Job Requirements
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols
• Knowledge of piracy techniques
• Knowledge of pre/post production workflows
• Awareness of NBCUniversal audiovisual content
• Familiarity with Tableau or other data visualization tools
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbeb2e-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.