As a member of NBC Universal's Global Customer Finance Operations department, the Cash Analyst is responsible for the processing, application, and reconciliation of customer payments in SAP Accounts Receivable System with the highest degree of accuracy, integrity, and controllership. Research incomplete customer remittance details to assure proper recording of payment transactions.
• Apply checks, wires, and credit card payments to receivables and/or post pre-payments on customer accounts daily for 120+ businesses within NBCUniversal in SAP Financial Accounting System
• Accountable for timely completion of cash application to meet month and quarter-end financial closes
• Analyze remittance details, research, problem solve and follow standard operating procedures to insure timely and accurate cash application
• Seek guidance from account collection managers and BPO on complex, non-standard cash application queries, and provide necessary support to facilitate resolution
• Perform reconciliation and balancing of daily payments recorded in AR to bank receipts recorded by Treasury
• Perform research and reconciliation on complex accounts receivable accounts, including matching pre-payments for ad sales to exact commercial time and digital buys
• Perform maintenance on AR, including write-offs to bad debt, refunds
• Code receivables in SAP AR to reflect disputes, partial payments, litigation, etc.
• Respond to audit requests for invoices and payment details
• Develop expertise in SAP AR for all payment-related transaction
• Provide feedback and recommendations to standardize, automate, strengthen, and improve payment application process
• Perform ad hoc reporting of payment activity
• Organize and maintain all pertinent information to substantiate payment posting as necessary
• Develop basic knowledge of concepts in ad sales billing, credit, collection, and related accounting
• Provide ad hoc support in processing daily remote deposits, customer statements, and general administrative functions
• Minimum 2-3 years' experience in accounts receivable, treasury, or related bill-to-remit finance role for large-scale company (Media or Advertising industry a plus)
• Minimum 2-3 years' experience in recording financial transactions in a major Financial System, preferably SAP
• Bachelor degree in Finance/Accounting degree preferred
• Detail oriented
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Customer focused
• Team player
• Proven controllership expertise
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
Salary range: $50,000 - $70,000
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqz07z-34-232-62-64-42 in your application.