Digital Ad Operations Trafficking Specialist
New York, NY
Ad Product & Integrations Specialist (Digital Partnerships)
The Ad Product and Integrations team owns advertising features and requirements at scale across NBCU's websites, apps, and distributed content. We are subject matter experts for existing ad products and processes and build stories around emerging ad technology and requirements for integration into our digital footprint. We analyze the needs of the business, and collaborate with brand leads, developers, and other stakeholders to ensure premium quality, ad-supported environments are available for NBCU's viewers.
• Develop a deep understanding of the business objectives, impacts, and requirements of NBCU's advertising products
• Communicate with stakeholders, especially our external distribution partners, to understand needs, advocate for ad features, and provide progress/status reports concerning new and existing product integrations with NBCUniversal content.
• Maintain product roadmaps and implementation strategy while balancing competing priorities
• Author user stories, feature guides, and release plans in conjunction with technical teams
• Collaborate with brand product and tech leads to scope development sprints, track progress, and work through development challenges to deliver a great product on-time
• Anticipate and manage project risks, hurdles and other deliverables
• Prioritize and groom open items to maintain a consistently up-to-date backlog of clearly defined features/stories
• Comprehend impacts of new and existing ad features with external partners in order to smoothly operationalize and evangelize ad products for stakeholders
• Balance several ongoing initiatives, using multitasking and project management skills to maintain momentum
• Drive consistency in ad delivery models across platforms and brands
• Support product functionality and technical inquiries posed by internal stakeholders
• 3+ years of experience working in the digital media space, ideally with a premium publisher or ad tech company
• Experience with ad serving technologies including FreeWheel, DFP/Google Ad Manager, and programmatic marketplaces. This ideally would come from working directly on an Ad Ops or Ad Tech team, but adjacent work would be acceptable in certain cases
• An understanding of the dMVPD landscape, especially concerning VOD and Linear DAI integrations and workflows.
• Strong technical background, including understanding of streaming video and web/app design
• Familiarity with agile development practices and JIRA (or similar project management tool)
• Proven ability to work with developers and engineers
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Energetic self-starter with a positive attitude who enjoys thinking critically to solve problems
• Strong organizational and leadership skills
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• You like our content and are passionate about our brands.
• You understand that ads have a place on the Internet – but why not make them as beautiful as possible!
• You are interested in building relationships with co-workers and stakeholders to create a collaborative and optimistic workplace
• You are interested in media and advertising industry publications have the ability to translate new trends for stakeholders, helping to keep NBCU Ad Tech at the forefront of digital advertising