NBC Sports Next is seeking a Web Designer to join our Creative team in Minneapolis, MN. A solid background in creative design - namely when it relates to website design - will be most beneficial for this role. The web designer role will report to the Creative Manager for Enterprise clients, and will work on web projects from partner businesses such as Ironman, Buffalo Wild Wings, and USL Championship Professional Soccer. This role will collaborate closely with the sales team, project managers and the product development team to help understand client scopes of work and timelines, ensuring the design brings the clients' vision to life. This role will offer assistance to the Creative Manager, by supporting core clients and quick queue requests as they come in.
The successful candidate will have a history in creating compelling designs and content, and a track record of excellent collaboration with marketing, sales and other stakeholders throughout the business.
As a Web Designer, you will…..
• Expertly handle internal and external client communications, providing clear direction and consistent updates on design progress
• Provide design, vision, and production for design deliverables across a variety of digital projects
• Partner with the Creative Manager, Front End Designers, and Client Project Manager to ensure the delivery of the most efficient and effective technical solutions to our clients
• Provide technical production and implementation of websites on the SportsEngine website platform
• Proactively understand, educate, and present to our company and to our clients the best UX practices, and emerging web trends
• Assist in the development of processes to build and maintain design consistency across our client-facing technical design solutions
• Partner with internal resources to troubleshoot and provide technical support to platform design issues
• Participate in product and design group planning sessions
• 3+ years professional digital design or equivalent experience
• Great sense of typography, visual composition and hierarchy
• Knowledge of best practices and experience with content management systems
• Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Possess strong organizational and planning skills to make sound decisions within the scope of the project with little oversight needed
• Strong interpersonal skills including collaboration and team building
• Creative approach to problem solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the ''big picture'' view
• Strong written and verbal communication; some light copywriting and editing are preferred qualifications
• Proficiently skilled in Adobe Design Suite - including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign - digital design tools Sketch or Figma, and Microsoft 365 tools
• Understands and applies principles of UX/UI, mobile first, and responsive design
• Ability to design from initial concepts to completion while communicating with stakeholders to ensure alignment
• Ability to create production ready images and files and manage archiving and organization of design libraries
• Proven experience using industry best practices in web design, usability and accessibility, and scalable web experience
• Knowledge of sports-playing, following, industry-a plus
• Knowledge of CMS systems, such as Wordpress
• Should be able to defend ideas, yet acknowledge and recognize when ideas and scopes need to change
• Should be able to easily adapt to priority realignments and project shifts while maintaining a high attention to detail and follow-through
• Should be self-motivated, highly organized and a collaborative team player
• Should be able to make key design decisions, communicate clear direction and drive design forward to execute a successful project or campaign
• Works fast and dependably with a keen ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Must provide a portfolio of work examples - if available, include a web address when you submit your resume
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn8mm5-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.