Freelance Video Operator - NBC Sports
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 12 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
The Video Operator operates camera settings and color correction equipment to provide studio set & talent video continuity and technical quality for air. Also, prepares and tests studio video feeds and patches studio cameras.
• Read signal monitoring equipment to evaluate video signals
• Operates on-air setting controls to provide camera shading/color adjustments
• Patch studio cameras and configures video feeds
• Provides color correction for on-set video monitors
• Work closely with Directors, Operations Management and Engineering to ensure all equipment is meeting clients expectations
• Provides direction to Lighting Console Operator and studio floor stage crew
• Responsible for compliance with all applicable policies
• Minimum three (3) years of experience using camera control units, color correction devices, waveform monitors, vector scopes, camera chipping and patch bays
• At least two (2) years of experience in a live news and/or sports production control room environment
• Ability to think quickly, communicate well and keep pace with fast moving studio shows
• Previous experience with INews systems
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
• Ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong client service and interpersonal skills and the ability to handle pressure in an on-air environment
• Knowledge of live sports TV production processes
• College or technical school graduate
• Advanced PC computer skills
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Ability to travel as required
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reyw61-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.