We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
The Transmission Engineer is responsible for supporting Transmission engineering and operations technologies for NBC Sports. The position works with NBC Sports Transmission and Operations teams for all NBC Sports content. The position is responsible for the experienced level troubleshooting and support of transmission systems as well as participating in short and long-term strategic planning of all broadcast technology. Additionally, the position is responsible for detailed broadcast system level design of a wide range of systems within the broadcast facility focusing on Transmission but including Control Rooms, Studio Systems, Core Routing and Distribution, Post-Production, and Graphics within NBC Sports' Stamford, CT facility.
• Design, Maintain and Support a 24/7 broadcast operations center.
• Foster and maintain professional working relationships with transmission carriers to resolve issues, escalations, maintenance, and overall performance.
• Ability to develop and implement standard operation procedures for all transmission technologies activities, which include audio/video and communications check-in and QC process for remotes, outgoing transmission activity, and ingest.
• Responsible for maintaining the transmission and communication systems to ensure maximum reliability for all live sports productions.
• Develop and perform preventative system maintenance on Broadcast Systems according to plans already in place, and those developed.
• Provide the highest possible ''quality of service'', by providing technical and operations excellence for the facility enabling it to provide compelling programming and service to its viewers, clients and partners.
• Provide expert level system support and on-site coverage (troubleshooting, upgrades, expansions) of all the tele- production systems working with and alongside a team of engineers and transmission operators.
• Develop conceptual and detailed designs for production systems that incorporate the needs of the production team and technology goals.
• Develop single-line drawings in AutoCad and prepare cable run sheets for projects.
• Assist with the procurement and installation of new systems.
• Lead the implementation and commissioning of new systems, including the training of the engineering team and operation technicians.
• Research, lab test, value compare and design new systems to meet current and future production needs. This would include working with working with manufacturers to ensure open standard compatibility in systems under consideration for purchase.
• Develop, advise, and maintain existing facility documentation, documentation standards and documentation infrastructure.
• Develop detailed estimates to support new production initiatives and technology replacement cycles.
• Assist with the development of the business' technology strategies including development of the capital/operating plans and management of multiple projects.
• Minimum 2+ years of broadcast experience or related work experience
• Minimum 2+ years of hands-on troubleshooting experience
• Knowledge of fiber optic and coax transport, MPEG 2 and 4 encoding and decoding, ASI, MPEG over IP, Dolby-E, MATV/ IPTV, multi-way processors, standards converters, frame syncs, matrix-based communications systems, and plant routing systems
• Experience with IT based technologies/processes including Networking, SAN and NAS Storage architectures, Subnetting, asset management systems, server technologies including hardware architectures, real-time systems and custom application development
• Networking and operating system trouble shooting skills in a broadcast video environment are essential
• Ability to comprehend signal flow documents (CAD) as well as systems level troubleshooting
• Proficiency in Excel, Visio, the MS Office Suite, and related applications
• Ability to provide calm and consistent direction under the pressure of LIVE television broadcasts
• Ability to determine the root cause of an issue, orchestrate a solution and provide detailed written and oral descriptions of the issue to the client base and management
• High degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently and as a team member
• Motivated to develop and advance their skill set and knowledge base to keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies of our industry
• Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication, organizational, and leadership skills
• Be process-oriented and able to apply structure to complex problems
• Be 'customer'-focused and have the ability to communicate complex concepts and designs to non- technical groups
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Ability to work overnights and weekends as required by Project and Plant support needs
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk7m4q-3-214-184-223-42 in your application.