Coordinator, Broadcast Operations
The Technical Manager will provide front-line management of personnel, facilities, equipment, operations and technology for a customer driven production operations group. Coordinate all technical and logistical requirements prior to air and then in the control rooms to ensure that all technical aspects of the production go as planned. This position works with and supports productions in the NBC Sports Group Stamford facility including the NBC Broadcast Network, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel, Peacock as well as NBC Olympics.
• Work closely with all show personnel in planning programs and scheduling manpower resources including field crews, edit rooms, control rooms and production studios
• Coordinate and communicate with remote origination locations to ensure technical quality and readiness for air.
-Ensure efficient utilization of company resources within a fast paced rapidly changing environment
• Work with other NBC entities, outside broadcasters and vendors to identify, negotiate for and secure required resources.
• Maintain technical and broadcast quality.
• Work closely with engineering to ensure all equipment is meeting client's expectations.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable company policies
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five 5 years' experience in live, studio television production experience.
- At least five 5 years' experience in engineering support and operational experience in broadcast studio and production control room.
- Minimum three (3) years' experience with field/remote production processes and equipment (including satellite/telco and communications) experience.
- Must have proficient computer skills including; Apple, Microsoft O365, and other collaborative software platforms.
- Must be able to work flexible and long hours during the week and across weekends.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBC Universal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected
• Strong administrative and organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Should have managerial skills.
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
• Must understand digital production and file based workflows.
• Work well under pressure, including tight deadlines.
• Clear communication skills with the ability to be effective across diverse groups throughout the company and external vendors.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, team oriented environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously